• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shark's Surgery Sale #2

325 posts in this topic

As most of you remember, last January (2011) I had a big sale trying to raise enough funds to have my thyroid surgery. I have a number of both large and small nodules in both sides of my thyroid gland. I sell comics full-time for a living now and haven't had health insurance since Oct. 2010.

The initial plan was to have the surgery at Midwest Regional Hospital. Shortly after I had my initial sale, I found out about a supposedly reduced cost plan at OU Medical Center. So I've been going to OU since last March. Since then, I've visited OU about the thyroid gland problem at least 5 or 6 times and had 2 more ultrasounds and 2 more FNAs (fine needle aspirations - they extract cells from the nodules) performed. The last FNA was done last Tuesday and I got the results today.

They extracted cells from a smaller, less defined nodule on the right side and it was determined to be benign. They also extracted cells from the largest nodule on the left side but due to hemmorhaging of the nodule (too much blood) they couldn't determine whether that side was cancerous or not. So to be safe they're finally saying "Out it comes". The plan is to remove all of the thyroid gland except for a sliver of the right side so that I continue to produce hormones.

Roughly half of the money raised from last year's sale remains but I still need another $2,000 just to schedule the surgery and about $6,000 to cover my portion of the bill. Thus the need for Shark's Surgery Sale #2. But this time, every comic I own is up for grabs...even the Spideys. My health is more important than any funny book I might own and I can always replace some books at a later date. I won't be listing all of my slabs, but check my registry sets and let me know if there's a particular book or books you want listed. Slabs will be listed around GPA and if I do list raws most will be well below guide. Here's a link to my registry set:

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/PublicUserHome.aspx?PeopleID=42421

Payment either by Paypal or money order is accepted. Considering the nature of the sale, Paypal payments via personal gift would be appreciated.

SHIPPING

$10.00 for up to 3 slabs in the USA via Priority Mail box.

$15.00 for up to 3 slabs to Canada via 1st Class Mail International box.

$25.00 for up to 3 slabs to everywhere else via 1st Class Mail International box.

I'll be back later this evening with the first books.

I won't be listing all of my slabs, but check my registry sets and let me know if there's a particular book or books you want listed.

Kind of new here, how do I check registry sets?

Let me know thanks,

Cole

Best of luck..hate to see you sell your treasures but no comic is as important as health or family. You accepting any books I could post to help your cause?

I would rather not...at least at this point. But thanks for the offer anyway. :)

I'm watching the Cardinals-Marlins baseball game in the living room and Photobucket won't load correctly on my iPad so I won't be listing any books for another hour or two. Got a lot of PMs going through about certain books....keep 'em coming!

I'm watching the Cardinals-Marlins baseball game in the living room and Photobucket won't load correctly on my iPad so I won't be listing any books for another hour or two. Got a lot of PMs going through about certain books....keep 'em coming!

Game's over and Cardinals win! Time to start listing some books. (thumbs u