• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ever have an ebay buyer that is demanding his comics be in mylar

53 posts in this topic

Actually he used the word MUST...sold 17 comics in a lot. Apparently it's not possible for the comics to arrive undamaged unless they're in mylar.

He bought them the way they were described, right?

Depends on how bad much you want the sale to go through but you don't owe him anything.

Ask him to ship the Mylar to you.

:facepalm:

Actually he used the word MUST...sold 17 comics in a lot. Apparently it's not possible for the comics to arrive undamaged unless they're in mylar.

I was sent a comic once in mylar and it was damaged because the seam along the bottom of the mylar opened up.

Tell him 17 comics will not fit in one Mylar...

+1

They might if you shred them first. hm

They might if you shred them first. hm

Or you could put them all in one Mylar and ship them as per his request.

:insane:

Refund the guy's money, cancel the transaction, and block him from bidding on your auctions.

I think this guy is trouble you don't need.

...and please share his user name so others can block him if they wish to do so. :foryou:

Refund the guy's money, cancel the transaction, and block him from bidding on your auctions.

...and please share his user name so others can block him if they wish to do so. :foryou:

I was thinking that very thing. This sounds like a guy who is just setting up the situation to demand a discount after he gets his books because you didn't adhere to his requests.

And while you're doing that, let us know what the books were. I imagine they were not high grade, key, or expensive books?

+1. Or you could just tell him that the shipment will delayed a week while you make a run down to the LCS to pick up the mylars, in which you will then have to assess him an additional fee for the cost of the mylars as well as a handling fee for added work.

:eek: No matter what you do, this person is probably not going to be satisified. Have you looked to see what kind of feedback they've left for other sellers? May give you an idea what you're in for.

I would tell him he must lick my balls.

are you sure by "mylars" he doesn't generically mean "comic bags" as in he doesn't want them free floating all over the place? some people think all comic bags are made of mylar. my comic shop does not even sell mylars per se, though they have 18 different kinds of poly bags. tell him you don't have them and can't get them where you live, but you had planned on shipping them in an archival safe clear comic bag, etc.

I would tell him he must lick my balls.

But they MUST be in Mylar.