• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALABASTER (from Dark Horse Comics) Discussion Thread

136 posts in this topic

Alabaster: Wolves #1 hits stores in just a few days. Do we have any fans of the short stories on the boards? Any Caitlin R. Kiernan fans?

I'm extremely excited about the launch of this series and urge anyone who's a fan of monsters, dark fantasy, and kick-azz female characters to check it out.

alabaster-1.jpgAlabaster-Wolves.jpg

These books are so popular with a young woman I'm friends with that I'm exctied about the Dark Horse comic. I don't know that I'll run out and read the book, but I'm in for the comic series. Any word on whether it will be transformed into an ongoing or whether its intended to be a series of mini series or what?

These books are so popular with a young woman I'm friends with that I'm exctied about the Dark Horse comic. I don't know that I'll run out and read the book, but I'm in for the comic series. Any word on whether it will be transformed into an ongoing or whether its intended to be a series of mini series or what?

I attended a chat with the creators a couple of weeks ago. There is definitely more stuff planned beyond "Wolves," but that will solely depend on how well the series does in the marketplace. If all goes well, I suspect we'll get a series of min-series in the Hellboy mold.

Here's a review of Alabaster: Wolves #1. Even includes the preview pages from DHP.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/04/09/alabaster-wolves-comic/?a_dgi=aolshare_facebook

I thought I was excited before I looked at the Preview. This book is going to be awesome. I don't know if a Dark Horse book can get the heat that this title deserves, but I'll be shocked if it doesn't get a lot of attention this week. It's a shame that it's hitting the shelves the same week as America's Got Powers, Secret, The Secret Service and Saga 2. I wish they would have released it on a week where there weren't a number of other hot books hitting the shelves. Regardless, I think this one is going to be a smash hit.

I really hope it does well with pre-orders, and I genuinely think it will. It might not sell out at stores on release day like some of the Image offerings, but I predict a slow burn throughout the next few weeks.

My LCS got shorted on my order .. I'm only getting one out of five of the books I ordered and had to place a couple orders for extra copies through internet comic stores to make sure I got a couple copies and a copy of the incentive variant. This book may be a lot hotter than any of us guessed. It is a bad week for this book to be released though. There are 2 big image 1's (America's Got Powers and Secret) being released and its also the same week that Saga 2 and Thief of Thieves 3 hit the shelves.

anyone still needing to order this book or it's variant cover can get them from midtowncomics...they're limiting the variant to 3 though.

How are Midtown with orders these days? I seem to recall they are reliable, but not the best when it comes to packaging.

no real problems with their packaging at all, very tight (compared to mycomicshop & mile high). Bit slow for economy because they use a UPS/USPS combination. I've ordered a few times from them recently and only had a problem once with 2 dinged copies and they told me to keep them and credited my account.

no real problems with their packaging at all, very tight (compared to mycomicshop & mile high). Bit slow for economy because they use a UPS/USPS combination. I've ordered a few times from them recently and only had a problem once with 2 dinged copies and they told me to keep them and credited my account.

Good to know.

Release day is finally here! I'll be going to my LCS later today for a copy. In the meantime, here's some OA I've purchased.

The first piece is the Seraph from the cover of #1 by Greg Ruth. Yes, this is the actual art used for the cover (Greg works partially digital, so the Seraph and Dancy figures are actually two separate drawings.)

GregRuth-Seraphim.jpg

alabaster-1.jpg

I did a review on this book, and I'll probably be following it for the first few issues at the very least. Seems like it has potential, but I'm waiting to make any definitive call once I have better feel for where the writer & artist go with it.