• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALABASTER (from Dark Horse Comics) Discussion Thread

136 posts in this topic

well, what is that 3100 for each cover?. Good thing if it takes off, bad thing if no one is reading it.

The variant is 1:5, so that equates to about 1,000 copies, give or take a few.

I missed picking up any #1s at my LCS by about an hour. Even the owner was surprised they'd sold the last two just before I asked for them, although he had heard there was at least a little 'buzz' behind them.

I missed picking up any #1s at my LCS by about an hour. Even the owner was surprised they'd sold the last two just before I asked for them, although he had heard there was at least a little 'buzz' behind them.

still available at midtown

If anyone wants to read the first issue, I have a reader copy I can send you free of charge. I would just ask that you pass it along to another boardie when you're finished.

If anyone wants to read the first issue, I have a reader copy I can send you free of charge. I would just ask that you pass it along to another boardie when you're finished.

pass it around the boards and all sign the inside. Maybe one of us will become famous one day and it will be worth money lol

Great review of Alabaster: Wolves #2:

http://kabooooom.com/2012/05/review-alabaster-wolves-2/

Thanks! :blush:

I was pretty jazzed when Caitlin Kiernan was commenting on it as well as getting some re-tweets from some bigger name creators.

Again, my only real complaint at this point is I'm not jazzed about the way the werewolves are depicted. When I think badzz werewolves, I think of the pictures from my old Werewolf: The Apocalypse RPG handbook. THOSE were really awesome looking wolves. Still, Lieber's landscapes just haunting in this second issue.

is this still a mini or is it going to run longer.

It's kind of both. The current mini series will wrap up with #5, but then a new mini series will start at some point in the near future. It looks like the publishing plan for Alabaster is similar to a lot of other Dark Horse titles like Hellboy or BPRD - a series of mini series.