post your internment camp-coded okajima books
4 4

107 posts in this topic

29,457 posts

no offense to the later books, but those internment camp-coded comics are really cool to me. post 'em if you got 'em. sure would love me a timely with said markings.

military31.jpg

32,928 posts
cap40.jpg

29,457 posts
cap40.jpg

ask and you shall receive?????

32,928 posts
cap40.jpg

ask and you shall receive?????

Depends on what you are asking.

2,963 posts

Those markings on the Okajima books are very cool!

19,984 posts

Hi Straw-Man, could you explain better the story behind these internment camps books? I never thought about this thing, and of course they tie-in with my research about the inter-war period. Thanks! :)

39,244 posts
Hi Straw-Man, could you explain better the story behind these internment camps books? I never thought about this thing, and of course they tie-in with my research about the inter-war period. Thanks! :)

From The Pedigree website Link to Okajima Pedigree

27,846 posts

I only have one Okajima....not from the Camp period. The handwritten arrival date looks to have a similar handwriting style as the earlier books. I'm wondering if the original owner continued to purchase books from the SAME source after reintegration to regular society ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

32,928 posts

You know, it would be really cool if someone wrote a book collecting and chronicling the histories of these great pedigree collections.

11,048 posts

Fantastic books! I love this pedigree because of the story behind them.

9,102 posts

You know, it would be really cool if someone wrote a book collecting and chronicling the histories of these great pedigree collections.

Maybe you should take up the reins & pick up where Ritter, Nelson, Haspel & I left off? :baiting:

3,024 posts
junglecomics115cgc8.0.jpg

29,457 posts

not a camp book, but pretty nonetheless.

19,984 posts

@FUELMAN: Many thanks. For an italian like me, it’s really explanatory.

The Okajima books are particularly fascinating, I’d love to see more. :)

Now I think I have a Lev Gleason Daredevil coming from the Harold Curtis collection, but I am unsure. It’s one of the very few CGC books I have and the CGC label does not mention it.

EDIT: It is, I’ve found the scan on the site. I also see many of them CGC ones does not have the "Harold" or "H.C." signatures.

Edited by vaillant

4,145 posts
cap40.jpg

Now that is an interesting pedigree. I am generally not as impressed as others may be with the story behind most pedigrees, at least not enough to say that it's worth several times more in grade, or that the grade shouldn't factor in defects unique to that pedigree. But in the case of these books the pedigree is something that I think would interest the average person a great deal. It's ironic enough that any Japanese-American kid would read and collect American comics with costumed heroes mowing down racially-depicted Imperial Japanese soldiers. But to collect them even while you're interned in a camp? Fascinating.

29,457 posts
@FUELMAN: Many thanks. For an italian like me, it’s really explanatory.

The Okajima books are particularly fascinating, I’d love to see more. :)

Now I think I have a Lev Gleason Daredevil coming from the Harold Curtis collection, but I am unsure. It’s one of the very few CGC books I have and the CGC label does not mention it.

EDIT: It is, I’ve found the scan on the site. I also see many of them CGC ones does not have the "Harold" or "H.C." signatures.

vaillant, cgc doesn't recognize harold's books as a pedigree, but we geeks sure do like them.

29,457 posts
I only have one Okajima....not from the Camp period. The handwritten arrival date looks to have a similar handwriting style as the earlier books. I'm wondering if the original owner continued to purchase books from the SAME source after reintegration to regular society ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

yes, but your non-camp o'jima is THUN'DA 1!!!!!!!!! that will make up for a lot of inadequate coding.