• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

post your internment camp-coded okajima books

107 posts in this topic

I can see the book as a 7.5 - maybe. Look at the ugly bottom right corner, bottom spine small piece out, and both staples rub/wear. Plus the book has a bit of a roll/tilt. But an 8.5? Nope.

If it "looks better" now then we can presume a CPR + yet another case of soft-grading = pass.

Yeah, I agree that in that massive scan the right corner and staple wear don't look good. It was my recollection looking at the regular size Heritage scan that the book seemed a bit more centered than when I owned it as a 7.5, but upon looking at the 7.5 scan, it doesn't look much different. It's probably best to pass on it, but there's only one graded higher and it's the Church copy which carried a HUGE price tag the last time I saw it.

I can see the book as a 7.5 - maybe. Look at the ugly bottom right corner, bottom spine small piece out, and both staples rub/wear. Plus the book has a bit of a roll/tilt. But an 8.5? Nope.

If it "looks better" now then we can presume a CPR + yet another case of soft-grading = pass.

It's a weak 8.5 for sure, but it's still a great looking book.

It IS a nice book Mike and I wish I'd have had the sense about me to just crack it and stack it, but as a working man of average means, sometimes things need to be rotated to afford other things doh!

I only have one Okajima....not from the Camp period. The handwritten arrival date looks to have a similar handwriting style as the earlier books. I'm wondering if the original owner continued to purchase books from the SAME source after reintegration to regular society ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

yes, but your non-camp o'jima is THUN'DA 1!!!!!!!!! that will make up for a lot of inadequate coding.

I wondered who snagged that book :luhv:

Would love to see it again :baiting:

I only have one Okajima....not from the Camp period. The handwritten arrival date looks to have a similar handwriting style as the earlier books. I'm wondering if the original owner continued to purchase books from the SAME source after reintegration to regular society ? GOD BLESS...

yes, but your non-camp o'jima is THUN'DA 1!!!!!!!!! that will make up for a lot of inadequate coding.

last post on the page.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5512551&fpart=37

last post on the page.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5512551&fpart=37

thanks (thumbs u that's one truly sweet book!