• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHY WHY WHY WHY??????

32 posts in this topic

Alright, you ARE indeed stupid enough to reply!! Yeah laugh.gif

OK loser, tell me again how you're "going to teach me a lesson" and how I've "made a big mistake" in calling you a...what was it again?

a CROOK a THIEF a SCAN-STEALING scumbag who can't effectively cover up -like a good lawyer would- to save his life (I would say reputation, but you don't have one)

And don't forget to refer to me as kiddie or sonny, that always puts me in my place. tongue.gif

Well? C'mon tough guy!! Threaten me again. Show all the viewers here just how impotent you are.

I await your next reply with baited breath. And we all know you will, because a pompous, overly-predictable blow-hard such as yourself can't help himself.

Start creating your own scans, ya lazy bum. You obviously have the time for it! smirk.gif

"ignorance is ignorance; no right to believe anything can be dereived from it"

Nice irony!! Misspelling a quote like this! Where do you derive your ignorance of spelling? grin.gif

The only lawsuit we're likely to see around here may be Metropolis Comics suing a certain someone who implied they sold restored books to Nic Cage.

I love it! Some ambulance chaser gets insulted and it's the end of the world. For someone to infer that there is shill bidding on E-Bay! The nerve of some people!

Ok,.......time for some lawyer jokes..........everyone

What do you call a thousand lawyers at the bottom of the sea?

A good start!!!

There is more than one ASM #36 CGC 10.0 that has been grade by CGC,so 2K for this book is retarded "but Steve Borock told me personally that all the possible 10's have all been graded" WOW! wish i could see the into future like Steve can.

Good point !! - First of all, the ramplings of this magnitude makes me get all nostalgic for the conversations that I used to share with "Comic-Keys"...... wink.gif Second, there is NO BOOK that came after 1975 that should be worth $2,000.00 and anyone that pays that (legit or not) is paying "[!@#%^&^] MONEY"......as in , your an [!@#%^&^] to pay it !!!! - grin.gif

Not so fast Kevin. Who can say whether $2000 for a 10.0 in this, or any other Spiderman comic is or isn't a good investment in this day and age of CGC created "Grails". It would be interesting to see just who, if anybody, could distinguish between a 9.8, a 9.9 and a 10.0 of this book, were they to be unslabbed, and shuffled like walnut shells in a street "monty" game, whether an amateur (beginning collector), "semi-professional" (everyone else that's been grading books for between 2 to 50 years OTHER than CGC graders!), or "professional" graders (ONLY the CGC grading staff members).

You have it here from the HIGHEST source that, "it's highly unlikely that any 10.0s will ever be given again on this book". You're being told, in essence, "THIS is IT folks". Chances are that you're being told that, "We don't care if a submission on this book sparkles like a diamond....read our lips....NO MORE 10.0s PERIOD!". What higher re-assurance do you need? What higher power is there? NO MORE CHEAP RIDES. You're not going to submit a book and get a 10.0 even if the possibilities may warrant it.

The only way to get a 10.0 on this particular book, is to buy one that already has been blessed. And it's going to cost you and anyone else dearly, who is 9.8, 9.9 and 10.0 crazed, bitten by the "10.0 bug on the earliest possible comic" (where the book matters far less than the cash paid for the LABEL). People get hung up about numbers. Numbers are powerful icons in themselves. 714, 755, 69, 10.0, 9/11, etc.. These numbers convey an image worth a thousand+ words. In this hobby, the most important number is 10.0, and the organization that can MAKE or break a book, or a submittor, admittedly has "closed the books" on this comic. You want to start your own "family", you'll get NO help from them....and it'll cost you $2000 or more to do it. Population control in this hobby dictating the illusion of rarity. Without it, the perceived ultra-scarce grades separated by .1 would become too mundane to garner and sustain a huge chunk of our collective interests.

Okay, let me see...

714 -- Joe Friday's badge number on Dragnet. (I had no idea that number was iconic)

755 -- I'm guessing baseball... Hank Aaron's home runs, perhaps?

The rest are obvious.

-- Joanna

Hey, I was correct, too! 714 is absolutely Joe Friday's badge on Dragnet. And unbelievably, I got a baseball question right! (Then again, Hank Aaron was with the Milwaukee Braves when I was growing up, so us Wisconsin kids were pretty darn proud of our famous player. I also grew up during the glory days of Lombardi's Green Bay Packers.)

-- Joanna