• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
20 20

4,874 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2017 at 6:00 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

Wasn't quite sure where to ask this question so figured the knowledgeable folks over in this thread may be able to help me out. I work with a few gals who are from the Philippines  and they know i am into comics. They talk about Darna all the time who is a female superheroine from around the Golden Age. Anyways was looking for her 1st cover app and keep coming up with this book. Pilipino Komiks #78. Problem is I can't find an actual copy anywhere and that includes sold items as well. Anyone seen or heard of this book and have anymore info on it? thanks!!

IMG_1797.JPG

These golden age filipino books are so scarce that finding any information is difficult. Most of us who have been collecting these types of books for years have never seen one. Compared to other international books, comics from the Philipinnes are among the most scarce in the world. Good luck to you and if you find information, let us know

On 7/5/2018 at 10:27 PM, Davidone said:

These golden age filipino books are so scarce that finding any information is difficult. Most of us who have been collecting these types of books for years have never seen one. Compared to other international books, comics from the Philipinnes are among the most scarce in the world. Good luck to you and if you find information, let us know

Thanks for information my friend. I never really hunted for anything foreign in particular so good to know that before I extended a wider net. I am sure if anything like this ever came up it would attract a ton of attention. I would just like to see a copy my internet searches have only ever brought up this photo not an actual book. Thanks!! 

finally bit the bullet and paid for big shipping on these last month.

IMG_0131.jpg

Edited by revat

Being in the military I've had the chance to visit local shops in the countires I've lived in or been TDY to, so I try to pick up Flash books from those countires. I've gotten a few pound copies while in the UK, picked up some N52 Flash in Italy (along with an Italian Action Comics #1 Italian Reprint) and a Showcase 4 German reprint.