• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
20 20

4,872 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I've never looked too deeply into the non-UK Dell price variants - maybe someone else here has done some investigations....

The search here...ughhhhhhhh.I thought a google search would bring up cgc threads too,but nobody loves Dell and Charlton like we do.(Maybe Liz?)

The manic and dementia are getting so bad it's not something I could undertake without full camera recordings and thought transcriptions lol It seems a lot of these 'test market' books pop up on my side-maybe just seems that way because I'm half arsed looking.

8 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Just picked this up.  January 1945

I mean...how awesome is this illustration?  It just doesn't get better than this.

1.jpg

That is superb

Wow nice thread! I ordered a russian copy of spidey 129 off ebay a couple months ago, it is still in customs, but how can one turn down a ASM 129 for 25 bucks?? Maybe I'll get a couple more...

These will be the next "newsstand" boom imo as more collectors realize their scarcity and demand goes up.

6 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

That is superb

This is actually the back cover of the comic.  But it's the only reason I bought the comic.  When I get it I will load it into the mylar with this side facing out.

The translation of "Morcego Negro" is "Black Bat"

Edited by gadzukes

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

The circumflex over the e in "morcêgo" is also an indicator of the comic's age. Orthographic reforms to Portuguese have removed a lot of the diacritical marks over the years. Also, Batman is just called "Batman" nowadays in Brazil, so I guess that whole "Morcêgo Negro" thing didn't last. I love Batman's red boots!

Edited by tvindy

16 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Just picked this up.  January 1945

I mean...how awesome is this illustration?  It just doesn't get better than this.

1.jpg

This is obviously a cover swipe from Batman 9.  I like how in this version Batman & Robin have been humanized and show some emotion, whereas the cover to Batman 9 is mostly a graphic representation.

Batman9.jpg

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

This is actually the back cover of the comic.  But it's the only reason I bought the comic.  When I get it I will load it into the mylar with this side facing out.

I thought so - Marvel chipping was never that bad :grin:

What's on the front?

2 minutes ago, tvindy said:

I like how the artist fixed the crack in the Liberty Bell. lol

I'd love to know where the window is that is reflected in all the balloons too :bigsmile: