• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
20 20

4,872 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, HeyMoe said:

Maybe I'll scan some interior art. It looks too good to be any of the Charlton war books of the early 60's. :shy: (But  what the hell do I know!)

I was mixed up with charlton's  fightin' navy and fightin' marines.

You can view a bunch of Danish and Swedish Editions of Copper and MOdern Keys here, including a lot of JSC, McFarlane, 1st apps of Psylocke, Mr Sinister, Omega Red, Silver Sable, etc...

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/414163-coppermodern-keys-mcfarlane-jsc-1st-apps-etc-foreign-editions/

Also, those comics are for sale (pls pardon the shameless plug), but I think you'll enjoy looking at the comics regardless.

Edited by revat

On 2/23/2017 at 10:09 AM, Mijael.Levy said:

Cool finds Marmat , i just puchased a ghost , the Novaro first app of Zatanna , it has tape but i dont care , the probabilities to find another copy are very low

jY8WJXuh.png

Mijael 

i defy probability  ?

IMG_0312.JPG

i wasn't lookkiing for it, but it was high grade at a nice-ish price

German!

IMG_7821_zps28bghzsb.jpg

Congrats Scott. Its strange how we where all chating about how strange was this book and how no one has seen a copy on the market and then sudenly in less than one week two copies pop out of nowhere. 

This happened already with others: Cuentos de brujas 37, Misterios del Gato Negro 132, Marivila (Showcase 30) . Somehow we call them and the blessing comes twice ... 

On 5/7/2017 at 9:32 AM, Mijael.Levy said:

Congrats Scott. Its strange how we where all chating about how strange was this book and how no one has seen a copy on the market and then sudenly in less than one week two copies pop out of nowhere. 

This happened already with others: Cuentos de brujas 37, Misterios del Gato Negro 132, Marivila (Showcase 30) . Somehow we call them and the blessing comes twice ... 

Yes brother.   Thanks for the reminder.   What will be next? ?

3 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

Nice books. Who was the Nembo Kid @marmat ?

Nembo Kid was Superman, it was his name in Italy. 

Actually, he was first called Ciclone in the first italian edition back in 1941.

He later got his own series and he was called Nembo Kid. 

It wasn't until the 60's when he got his real neme back. 

Pretty crazy, isn't? 

Edited by marmat
Spelling

11 hours ago, marmat said:

Nembo Kid was Superman, it was his name in Italy. 

Actually, he was first called Ciclone in the first italian edition back in 1941.

He later got his own series and he was called Nembo Kid. 

It wasn't until the 60's when he got his real neme back. 

Pretty crazy, isn't? 

Indeed. Nembo Kid seems so far away from Superman. I like it though.  Stand back, it's the Nembo Kid! Ciclone sounds more villain like. Love foreign editions...?

Cross posted from the "garage and flea market finds" section:

Oddest place to find something.....

I was on a 2 week family vacation to Scotland and then Barcelona.  On our last day in Barcelona, we came across a small antique show just off "La Rambla" and the marina.   I found this stack of books in a box full of paper.  I had to negotiate from his asking price of 50 Euros down to the 35 Euros I had in my pocket along with $5 US.  It was an awesome back and forth but no way I was leaving anything.  Almost 60 books in all.  The condition is not so great as you can see including some separated  covers, but some really cool books in there mostly from the 50s.  The 3 "Pieds Nickeles" are french from the 40s and include #1 (3rd series).    The Flash Gordon is a compilation book, also from the 50s        I will be cross posting this in the foreign book area as well.

I was thrilled with this find and the deal I got on it!

IMG_8901.thumb.JPG.f4a761241d361842ab041ef7c1d90264.JPG

IMG_8913.thumb.JPG.8c2232e40a7d1a20207d86d1fd0cce5a.JPG

IMG_8922.JPG

IMG_8916.JPG

IMG_8909.JPG

IMG_8917.JPG

IMG_8918.JPG

IMG_8897.JPG

Wasn't quite sure where to ask this question so figured the knowledgeable folks over in this thread may be able to help me out. I work with a few gals who are from the Philippines  and they know i am into comics. They talk about Darna all the time who is a female superheroine from around the Golden Age. Anyways was looking for her 1st cover app and keep coming up with this book. Pilipino Komiks #78. Problem is I can't find an actual copy anywhere and that includes sold items as well. Anyone seen or heard of this book and have anymore info on it? thanks!!

IMG_1797.JPG