• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
20 20

4,874 posts in this topic

On 10/28/2018 at 12:40 PM, Catwomancomics said:

I’ve been working on this set for a while now. I’m still looking for 1 more book. Spiderman The Invincible from Australia.

1050182B-2958-4D34-BAD3-3715B0F210FC.jpeg

02E9EA57-9F61-4172-802E-F97B2BD2EEB0.jpeg

I missed this thread!

Shame EH comics never used that cover for the French Canadian reprint of the story.It's in here,but I'm guessing you are putting a cover set together only

il_794xN.1995452108_tik2.jpg

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:

I missed this thread!

Shame EH comics never used that cover for the French Canadian reprint of the story.It's in here,but I'm guessing you are putting a cover set together only

il_794xN.1995452108_tik2.jpg

Yes, just the cover set. I was disappointed to see they used the 193 cover for that book.

2 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

Yes, just the cover set. I was disappointed to see they used the 193 cover for that book.

A lot of near misses for collectors with that company,cover wise.They are/were fairly close-Quebec is a ten minute walk for me-so I pick them up when I see them.

!!!!!0.jpg.843208c459f3111a796f8451986dd4d4.jpg

39 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Found a small stack while digging through some of my old boxes today....

ZkDatZR.jpg

bKgKj27.jpg

aja34B4.jpg

tgNWZ2G.jpg

N7mKR8w.jpg

mJlEK3O.jpg

LYQbbjW.jpg

A92kxVH.jpg

aYo6ayr.jpg

WAUlyYB.jpg

vlo4jen.jpg

Sweet!Luc Gerard ruined my copy of Chaos au Canada before I got it :frown:

I don't know sigs,who's on the Vengeurs? 126/127

If they offend you,send me a pm :ph34r: S.V.P.

Edited by porcupine48

17 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I had Perez sign it about a decade ago

:cool:

PS-only the second EH with an autograph I've seen.I have an FF by Stan someone kind gifted/traded to me.

*I'm far from an expert,but got really into them for a bit,have,bought from one of the authors the book on the company.Like an encyclopedia

Edited by porcupine48

20 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

That's just great isn't it. I love the simplicity and general lack of finesse :grin:

Yeah. They seem to lose interest towards the end. That's #18, which is the last issue in the Greek series. The earlier issues all have normal (borrowed from the original) covers.

There's also an implication that Wolverine is in there somewhere. He ain't, but the lot was so cheap, I don't care.:banana:

2 hours ago, rakehell said:

293883777_spider-man53(greek)001.jpg.99704d3d8b9aaed8775fa50c5671f952.jpg

Again, I like this one the most, probably due to it's unfamiliarity. Quite serene isn't it.

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

Here's a fun one for this thread... Swedish version of ASM #298 (first McFarlane Spidey), with purple webs and a funky gradient background instead of the white one.

asm298swed.jpg.62a331c24d589fe8eb260e9cbec7a872.jpg

Spindel Mannen, Spindel Mannen. 

Does whatever a... 

No. No, it doesn't work at all does it hm

43 minutes ago, Frederic9494 said:

Group shot!

3-in-one comic book serie: Uncanny X-Men + Defenders + Nova !

IMG_7368.jpg

Love them!Do you have any of the giants comic-o-ramas?I was surprised to find some more recent-well 90s Archie books re-bound a few years ago.

And I still have yet to find an EH treasury.I ask as I see you're in Montreal,where they are likely more common.I'm very close to Hull/Gatineau here,so have been fortunate over the years.Still only up to about a long,maybe a half dozen jumboramas.

Have you read this wonderful labour of love?It may be a bit hard to find now

Couv_283793.jpg

14 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Love them!Do you have any of the giants comic-o-ramas?I was surprised to find some more recent-well 90s Archie books re-bound a few years ago.

And I still have yet to find an EH treasury.I ask as I see you're in Montreal,where they are likely more common.I'm very close to Hull/Gatineau here,so have been fortunate over the years.Still only up to about a long,maybe a half dozen jumboramas.

Have you read this wonderful labour of love?It may be a bit hard to find now

Couv_283793.jpg

No Comicorama (Marc the Comic Hunter is a  good source in Montreal). 

Haven't got a copy of the Heritage Guide but I bought many European DC variant from Rosaire Fontaine (great guy!). That's how I was able to complete my Interpresse Batman and Superman runs.