• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman Begins vs Dark Knight vs Dark Knight rises

53 posts in this topic

Nolan is no journeyman director, and will at the very least attempt to surprise audiences with the audacious storytelling we witnessed in DK. Granted The Joker is such a charismatic villain and was an automatic draw for the last film, but don't write off this installment as commercially inferior just yet, as it is likely to close out the franchise, at least for a while.

I couldn't agree more...yet part of me is worried he WANTS this film to be mediocre so that Warner Brothers quits asking him to do superhero stuff and he can go back to art films. :eek:

i would also like to argue that hamill is the best joker.

Can't go along with that one... :sorry:

IMO one of the very few-misteps from the animated Dini-verse was the casting of the Joker. Way too Cesar Romero for my taste! :sick:

Can't agree with anyone on the Joker. Ledger's portrayal of some character they called the Joker in that film totally pulled me out of the experience.

Oh good. I was beginning to think that I was the only one who didn't care for Ledger's performance. I thought it was too over the top and just ended up being distracting.

DKR has no hype, not a lot of great trailers, a B villian, and who knows if the -script will hold up.

DKR's hype was The Dark Knight, Catwoman isn't a B villain (especially when Hathaway is taking on the role), and all of Nolan's scripts have held up so far (including The Prestige and Inception).

DKR has no hype, not a lot of great trailers, a B villian, and who knows if the -script will hold up.

DKR's hype was The Dark Knight, Catwoman isn't a B villain (especially when Hathaway is taking on the role), and all of Nolan's scripts have held up so far (including The Prestige and Inception).

i agree about catwoman but the main seems to be bane and while the scripts have been pretty damn good, am i the only person to be really upset at the way they treated two face.

Nolan is no journeyman director, and will at the very least attempt to surprise audiences with the audacious storytelling we witnessed in DK. Granted The Joker is such a charismatic villain and was an automatic draw for the last film, but don't write off this installment as commercially inferior just yet, as it is likely to close out the franchise, at least for a while.

Christopher Nolan is an amazing director and has yet to even sniff making a big budget stinker, as comic fans and of course fans of comic movies having him associated with the Batman movies is 1 of the best things to happen in terms of legitimizing the super hero movie genre. His movies are plot driven that have well thought out, complex themes unlike much of the drivel we see out there today.

I have no clue if his last DK movie will match the hype (and yes it is coming) but the last thing I am worried about if Nolan is writing and directing it is that the movie will be terrible, his track record says no.

This movie is going to make a ton of money regardless, the final installments in popular trilogies bring in the masses regardless of how good/bad they are. I'm sure IMAX guaranteeing that this movie is going to be shown in IMAX theaters for 2+ months won't hurt matters either.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3426&p=.htm

this guy should cede his job to webhead. $850mm int'l BO estimate for DKR

Which is estimating that the movie is going to easily clear $1.2B+ total gross revenue. Who knows but if this movie gets that much overseas Nolan may as well own WB with the amount of power he'll have there to make whatever the heck movie he wants in the future.

My question would be Will The Dark Knight Rises break the 3rd movie curse? hm

It should break the curse unless like they put Robin into it or something.

Wouldn`t that just ruin it for fanboys if Robin popped up at the end? :)

There would be an outcry of epic proportions if Robin was in it.

I am sure Dark Knight Rises will do very well both storywise and box office wise. :cloud9:

My question would be Will The Dark Knight Rises break the 3rd movie curse? hm

It should break the curse unless like they put Robin into it or something.

Wouldn`t that just ruin it for fanboys if Robin popped up at the end? :)

There would be an outcry of epic proportions if Robin was in it.

I am sure Dark Knight Rises will do very well both storywise and box office wise. :cloud9:

I don't see the problem with Robin if done right.

I liked how he popped up in the Arkham City game (Tim Drake) for a little cameo.