• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timely Comics from another country

64 posts in this topic

I've been told that this is a Portuguese comic book. Ok, sounds possible to me. What you are looking at in this scan is the BACK cover. I've never seen this artwork before. You Timely sleuths out there can check your interiors to see if you can find it (seems like Billy Parker would be a good choice for this). I don't currently have a scan of the front cover or any interior pages, but I will list some interior information later. Enjoy!!!

portuguesecap.jpg

portuguesecap.jpg

Captain America #42

captainamerica42.jpg

Well done BangZoom!!! That was very quick!!! I don't currently have that issue any more. In the coming days I'll post photos of the interior pages. They're a mix of black and white and colors stories. Mostly Timely stories, but some other publishers too.

Mystery solved! :applause:

The waters of death,and a short sleeve Cap.Very cool stuff Jimmy.

Thanks Russell J (thumbs u I should have some interior splash pages and the front cover photo to share in the next few days. I just need them to be e-mailed to me. I hope this thread gets noticed and others post there "other country" Timely books here. You know how it is when you're not very well known by the community (like me), people don't respond like they do for the well established folks (shrug)

As promised, here are some interior pages and covers from what is thought to be a Portuguese Cap. BangZoom figured out that the back cover and an interior Cap splash are from a splash page in Captain America #42. Let's see if people can find these other pages!!!

Front cover

portcapcover.jpg

Back cover

portcapc.jpg