• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charlton Comics collectors?
1 1

52 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Of course Ditko was a Charlton staple also...

ScaryTales42_zpsef6cd6c5.jpg

Like I was saying before,always recycling!

Not my copy(I still have it somewhere),but this issue was in either the first or second stacks of comics I ever got at yard sales in the mid eighties.?

%%.jpg

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:

Like I was saying before,always recycling!

Not my copy(I still have it somewhere),but this issue was in either the first or second stacks of comics I ever got at yard sales in the mid eighties.?

%%.jpg

Oh yeah! I don't own the original version either but am aware of it. I like the inclusion of the spider and web but hate the placement of the bar code as it blocks out that awesome skeleton!

2 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Oh yeah! I don't own the original version either but am aware of it. I like the inclusion of the spider and web but hate the placement of the bar code as it blocks out that awesome skeleton!

I still have my garage sale copy :cloud9:.Looking at yours,yeah the barcode stinks,but it's still cool!.As much as I like the vibrant green background,I find the blue with the creeps in green is a lil' spookier..I know the skeleton scared the heck out of me as a kid lol .The whole thing!I used to keep it on the bottom of the pile in my closet :D

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

Have the horror titles ever been re-printed in book form and has anyone got a list. i'm only asking as I'm greedy and want the stories yesterday, those covers are fantastic and very appealing.

http://www.idwpublishing.com/product/tom-suttons-creepy-things-chilling-archives-of-horror/

I’ve got this one and it’s awesome - especially at the price point.  It’s not all of Sutton’s work but a good sampling.

On 4/17/2012 at 12:06 AM, Warlord said:

I've put together a collection of a fair number of what seem to be the scarce 75-cent cover price Charltons.

Any of you have a list of what would constitute a full set of the 75-centers?

I don't, but I do pick these up when I see them, as they seem pretty rare. Of course, there's also no demand, so even rare they aren't expensive or necessarily hard to find online. I rarely see them in the wild, though. 

I picked this up in a dollar box the other day. Never heard of this title or seen it before.

20190930_172008.jpg.dfdbabce38ad934e940cc24d5053a4f5.jpg