• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beachbum Comics CGC 9.8 Modern Subscription Service Update 8/20 - Bump PMs!

220 posts in this topic

Hey everybody. This goes out to everyone including present customers.

I need to apologize if I havent gotten back to everyone's PMs. I've been slammed by new subscription info/requests so I wanted to post this info again to make it easily accessible.

As most of you know I have been running a 9.8 subscription service via PM here on the boards for new Moderns.

CGC 9.8 terms are $35 up to $4.99 cover price. Variants are additional based on price paid if higher than cover. CGC 9.9 & 10.0 are offered when available but cost more of course and are offered on a rotating basis within a title pull list. Payment for books is due when books make it to the "Graded" status. Books go in weekly under CGC 9.8 Pre-Screen Service. No charge for failed books. Shipping is extra & I hold books to save on shipping. Books are shipped Priority Mail.

Recently, many people have requested new titles so I need all present customers to send me their pull lists so I'm sure they're current. If you are a confirmed new subscriber please send me the list again as well, plus the date of original request so I have you properly slotted witihn a title pull list.

Also from this day on, if you are a new subscriber you will need to pay for 3 months subscription of the title(s) you are requesting upfront. This is a probation period to make sure you are serious about your purchases. I've been hit with a lot of requests for new "hot" titles and I want to make sure I'm not dealing with a speculator. For example, my Walking Dead subscription list tripled in one week.

All new additions or removal requests need to be in by Sunday evening before release day.

I've been extremely busy with both businesses, con season, and my upcoming wedding (what day is it now? lol ) so hopefully I will get the website up soon so everyone can go directly there. :frustrated:

Most important thing I need right now is everyones complete monthly pull list and dates of requests.

If you are interested in becoming a new subscriber please PM me.

Thanks, hope everyone is well!

Hi,

I'm sure you are flooded with PM's, but I have a quick question. Do you only offer the service to subscribers of a title or can we request single issues? For example, the Watchmen #1's but not the following issues.

Thanks,

XXXX

As of now no, no single issue requests. If you want #1s you at least need to get the first three issues of a title.

Also, I am no longer taking requests for IDW titles until they change their cover stock. The stuff is a joke lol . Oh how I miss the old IDW cover stock. :cry:

I will continue to struggle for present customers until I've had enough. (G.I. Joe, TMNT, Rocketeer Adventures 2)

Dre,

Here's a question for you. Those of us who subscribe generally know our titles better than those who don't collect them. If we know of an additional printings, or random variants for a title we subscribe to, do you want us to give you the head's up on it, or are you on top of these releases?

Dre,

Here's a question for you. Those of us who subscribe generally know our titles better than those who don't collect them. If we know of an additional printings, or random variants for a title we subscribe to, do you want us to give you the head's up on it, or are you on top of these releases?

It's usually good to give me a heads up just in case. Latley all the reprintings on the major DC titles have been hard to keep up with. (#1 seventh printing, #2 fourth printing, #3 second printing, and son on)

do any canucks on here get the service? just wondering on the shipping costs.

Yes. I have several foreign customers. Canadian Customs has not been an issue. I have one customer who gets boxes of 20 or 30 slabs at a time and I declare the books at cover price as "New Comic Books".

do any canucks on here get the service? just wondering on the shipping costs.

Yes. I have several foreign customers. Canadian Customs has not been an issue. I have one customer who gets boxes of 20 or 30 slabs at a time and I declare the books at cover price as "New Comic Books".

Hey Guys! I think I'm probably the one Canuck customer who receives 20-30 books at time. What I've noticed is that when books ship via USPS and the total declared value is below $100, Customs will "usually" allow the shipment through without charging any customs/taxes.

I've been using the service for close to two years and i'd say 95% of the time, I never pay duty/taxes (thumbs u

K.

another beachbum canuck customer here...although, i don't get 20-30 book from Dre

As far as i can remember ALL of my books from Dre has eluded the dreaded "custom monster". So dre certainly know his way around

To all new subscribers in the past month or two, please bump your PM thread.

I literally have 20 pages of PMs due to the SDCC sales thread and I want to make sure I have everyone's subs down correctly - especially those pulling independants.