• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Giveaway & Mail Away Comics

84 posts in this topic

So when is a giveaway a givaway?

What I'm getting at is... why does OS list DOCTOR DOOMS REVENGE in the regular comic section when it should be in the PROMO section.

Unless... Because you had to buy the computer program to get the book. confused.gif

But then (?)... don't you have to buy something for most of the giveaways to get them. So are they really giveaways? Most of the "so called" giveaways were bought. You either had to buy the cereal, pop tarts, UNICIF donation, Charston Chew, etc.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I guess you really do get nothing for nothing! frown.gif

These comics would be considered incentive premiums, meaning they are "given away" with the purchace of XXX product. So basically they are free...with a catch.

However the newspaper giveaways are deemed "supplements" to their respective editions and I don't believe the price of the newspaper was increased to include these comics so these could be considered free if you were going to buy the paper anyway.

Here's the Batman #122 Pizza Hut Collectors' Edition. Mine's not in that great of shape, but here it is.

thumbsup2.gifLike I said at the start of this post, It is just cool to see these books as they are not part of the mainstream titles. They are also of interest to people who want to collect say "everything Batman" for example. To a more extreme extent, take Ian Levine who is in the process of completing a collection of every D.C. title! 893whatthe.gif I believe in this collection he is also collecting D.C. giveaway and promotional comics.

To a more extreme extent, take Ian Levine who is in the process of completing a collection of every D.C. title! I believe in this collection he is also collecting D.C. giveaway and promotional comics.

Extreme ???????????

To a more extreme extent, take Ian Levine who is in the process of completing a collection of every D.C. title! I believe in this collection he is also collecting D.C. giveaway and promotional comics.

Extreme ???????????

Where's the $100 you owe me???????????? Did you send it to Deathlok to give to Joanna in her extreme time of need??????????????? I know you got my PM but you didn't respond to it. Why????????????? confused.gif

Extreme ???????????

Where's the $100 you owe me???????????? Did you send it to Deathlok to give to Joanna in her extreme time of need??????????????? I know you got my PM but you didn't respond to it. Why????????????? confused.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Extreme ???????????

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893censored-thumb.gif

Extreme ???????????

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893censored-thumb.gif

sorry.gif

Extreme ???????????

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893censored-thumb.gif

sorry.gif

Not you, HIM!!! mad.gif

thumbsup2.gifLike I said at the start of this post, It is just cool to see these books as they are not part of the mainstream titles. They are also of interest to people who want to collect say "everything Batman" for example. To a more extreme extent, take Ian Levine who is in the process of completing a collection of every D.C. title! 893whatthe.gif I believe in this collection he is also collecting D.C. giveaway and promotional comics.

Yeah, Ian was the first person that I PM'ed when I got it. He already has it. If anyone else is collecting everything Batman or everything free/give-away, it's available.

Extreme ???????????

Ian, yes, to me collecting every D.C. title including promotional and giveaways is a very extreme and daunting undertaking. You are to be congratulated sir!

Best of luck on the remaining...(is it still 5 or less?)

Extreme ???????????

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893censored-thumb.gif

sorry.gif

Not you, HIM!!! mad.gif

Whoo-Hoo!

My first thread to go OT by the forumites! Vat an honor!

acclaim.gif