• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee Appearance in Hollywood this weekend!

10 posts in this topic

CGC only travels to major comic conventions. They do not travel to most local conventions and appearances. So no they will not be at the Stan Lee appearance. I also hear that Stan does not travel outside of Los Angeles, so getting his signature may be tough. Although he will probably be in San Diego and so will CGC, but you need a CGC rep. to witness the signature for a SS book.

My best guess it would not be worth as much as a unsigned comic in the same condition. The only exception would be for a collector who wanted Stan's signature instead of the book.

My advice, have him sign something you plan on keeping as a memento. If you want him to sign a book to add value to a book, then this appearance isn't the way to go.

If I bring a comic this weekend and have Stan sign it, if it even happens, what happens to the value of the comic if it isn't CGC witnessed?

If it's a book you plan on keeping then it'll be priceless. If you are just looking to turn a profit then you'll be disappointed in the resale value of an unverifiable Stan Lee signature.

CGC only travels to major comic conventions. They do not travel to most local conventions and appearances. So no they will not be at the Stan Lee appearance. I also hear that Stan does not travel outside of Los Angeles, so getting his signature may be tough. Although he will probably be in San Diego and so will CGC, but you need a CGC rep. to witness the signature for a SS book.

Lok is right. There won't be a CGC rep there. And San Diego is the only other show he is doing this year (that I know of). And he usually only signs 1 book per person at the SD show. So if you are just looking for an autograph, get it done this weekend. If you are looking for a SS book, then go to San Diego and line up NOW.

If I bring a comic this weekend and have Stan sign it, if it even happens, what happens to the value of the comic if it isn't CGC witnessed?

Alex is right. If you want a yellow label, wait till San Diego. If you just want his autograph and to preserve the book, get it signed this weekend. The color of the label means nothing if you want the book for your own personal collection.