• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free Comic Book Day books

64 posts in this topic

Transformers 80.5 was the book that stood out to me. Last year they did the GI Joe 155.5 and it was pretty popular along with the fact that it was a continuation book of the original Marvel series taken over by IDW. The same is going on with this Transformers book so why I grabbed 20 copies for myself and 20 copies for a friend.

I picked up voltron and a few others like the hardcover Mouseguard. The hardcover Mouseguard stood out to me.

Also noticed there seems to be more childrens orientated book this year which I think is a good thing since in my mind that is the goal of this day to get new readers.

:)

Is there some way to purchase a bunch of these for Halloween?

I assume you have a friend that owns a comic shop so you should talk to them. I know in previous years you could still put in orders after the event for books that had overstock. I did that with the TMNT reprint and snagged a few extras.

Transformers 80.5 was the book that stood out to me. Last year they did the GI Joe 155.5 and it was pretty popular along with the fact that it was a continuation book of the original Marvel series taken over by IDW. The same is going on with this Transformers book so why I grabbed 20 copies for myself and 20 copies for a friend.

I picked up voltron and a few others like the hardcover Mouseguard. The hardcover Mouseguard stood out to me.

Also noticed there seems to be more childrens orientated book this year which I think is a good thing since in my mind that is the goal of this day to get new readers.

How did you get them allready? I thought there was an embargo?

How did you get them allready? I thought there was an embargo?

?

Is there some way to purchase a bunch of these for Halloween?

shin,

my LCS ordered them back in Feb, so it may be too late

Well off my experience as I mentioned earlier these are ordered thru diamond. I know for fact even if you miss a book you can order weeks later if they still have them in stock for other comics. Then there was the TMNT 2 years ago in which I only got a couple and liked so ordered more after FCBD and was able to get another 10. Just need to check the diamond order list to see if they are still available and for this event they print tons of these books and diamond usually has extra stock in them.

Why I say to just go into your lcs hookup and have them check if they can be ordered still which which I am assuming based off past experience will be possible.

My shop always had leftovers from FCBD. Maybe just ask them if they have any leftover that they would give you to hand out for Halloween.

Stick their logo/sticker/stamp on the book. It's like free advertising for them.

Back when my sister used to teach 4th grade, I'd go in every year and do a comic presentation to the kids. My LCS would always give me their leftover to hand out. They just asked that I put their sticker on the book.

In my opinion Gold books have more content and are usally stand alone. They also cost the lcs more.

Silver usually have less content and even some of them are flip books with two comics in one.

Availabilty is really dependent on your lcs and how much they ordered but most stores get alot more silver ones then gold because the gold ones cost the lcs more.

Why its always good to get there nice and early if there is a certain one you want.