• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dan O'Neill's Air Pirates 1&2 banned Disney undergrounds

2 posts in this topic

Clearing a carload o'comics, came 'cross a couple crazy critter comix. These were the subject of a lawsuit by Disney because they portrayed Mickey and Minnie Mouse in "compromising" situations and sexual positions. Among other things.

The cover of #1 is by famed underground artist Bobby London, and is a near-exact swipe of the Big Little Book "Mickey Mouse the Mail Pilot". Of course, the packages Mickey carries are now labeled as "Dope" not "Mail". See the images for particulars. (images pending) My copy is F+.

#2 is a beautiful book, VF/NM. Again, not for kiddies, as depictions of rodent reproduction and deviancy abound. In what passed for wry humor, these have a parody of the "Dell Comics" square logo, now labeled "Hell Comics". Wouldn't you love to have these in your collection?

Eggs Ackley probably knows how to price these, I don't.

Either one will be $50 plus exact shipping costs (USPS Priority Mail) including delivery confirmation.

If you want both, I will pay US shipping, but if international shipping, I'll pay half actual costs up to $10.