• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iron Man #55 Club

168 posts in this topic

Damn, y'all are making me jealous. Can't even find one that nice on eBay, let alone for sale here on the forum. I don't mind shelling out the cash, but the supply is not there.

Peace,

Chip

Right now would be one of the worst times to buy this. I would wait a few months when everybody`s into the Batman and the Spider-man movies. Yes that`s how fickle the market is,as a few weeks ago when everybody was into Walking Dead you could have had these for a song and a dance.

With Avenger 2 not coming out till at least 2015 I would suspect Iron Man #55 to cool off a little by then.

2c

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

The price on this book has gone bonkers this week on Ebay.... I had my CGC 8.5 available for sale for 6 years without any takers, until a month ago when it finally sold, and now people are paying about twice my asking price.

It's amazing how people are so easily influenced by a movie, TV show, or recent story arc when it comes to demand. Crazy I tell ya, just crazy....

Thanos is a favorite of mine, so I had been wanting a copy for a long, long time. Never came across one in person (obviously, I could find them on eBay).

Last year, I popped into the local shop, and saw raw copies of both this book and ASM #129. I've had some decent luck with a couple of raw books, so I picked up both, and was told that they had been on the wall less than a day.

Now, this book has a few flaws. It's not nearly as nice as the books in this thread. . . I should post both in the "Please Grade My Books" with a few others. It is my copy, though, so I'll always have a soft spot for it.

Also, a few months ago, I picked up a Logan's Run #6. Happy to do it, too, especially during a sale.

Edited by Psithyrus

I got mine from you :cloud9: Before the buzz :cloud9:

The price on this book has gone bonkers this week on Ebay.... I had my CGC 8.5 available for sale for 6 years without any takers, until a month ago when it finally sold, and now people are paying about twice my asking price.

It's amazing how people are so easily influenced by a movie, TV show, or recent story arc when it comes to demand. Crazy I tell ya, just crazy....

This is my copy I bought raw on ebay 4 years ago. I graded it and got a 9.0! Here's the thing, I look at my copy now and I feel it's not as beautiful as I remembered. How much protection do slabs give to the comics?

img0096yx.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Where was it kept?

Exactly... and if the slab is not kept in some protective mylar or bag the case can get scratched or cloudy caused by even smaller scratches. Also I think this is a phenom that happens often with collectors of all hobbies. The tendency to remember in your mind a better condition/value/rarity etc.... Its only human to remember things with a positive slant, I think there have even been scientific studies about this memory quirk...

i kept the book on the first floor of a house in a cgc white box. There are no scratches on the case, it's just that it seems to have gotten yellow or maybe that's my imagination? I'm in NJ, would that really affect it that much?

edit - maybe it is just my eyes playing a trick on me. The other books in this thread have that same color. I just imagined that the cover was suppose to be like blinding white. =/

Can you give me some suggestions on where to put my white short box full of comics? The first floor of my house is pretty cool so i would assume it's a good spot. What about the heater during the winter? Will that affect the books?

Edited by Sunoco

i kept the book on the first floor of a house in a cgc white box. There are no scratches on the case, it's just that it seems to have gotten yellow or maybe that's my imagination? I'm in NJ, would that really affect it that much?

edit - maybe it is just my eyes playing a trick on me. The other books in this thread have that same color. I just imagined that the cover was suppose to be like blinding white. =/

Can you give me some suggestions on where to put my white short box full of comics? The first floor of my house is pretty cool so i would assume it's a good spot. What about the heater during the winter? Will that affect the books?

Just send the short box to me here in California, I'll keep them safe for you. The pages always stay white. :banana::makepoint:

P.S. Your book likes fine.

I will post a scan tonight, but I just got a sweet copy about a month ago via trade. Got myself a 9.0 white pager Jim Starlin SS!

Now to scan and sell my raw copy. I think it is 7.5 / 8.0 cusp about 6.0. Ebay, here I come!

Edited by zuulioso