• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iron Man #55 Club

168 posts in this topic

Prices for Thanos stuff has doubled on Ebay. Crazy. I've been trying to upgrade my VF to a 9.2 or so for months before the movie - I guess I'm hosed now. But. I went back and looked at what I paid for my VF copy of Iron Man 55 in 2008: $26. SO I'm feeling ok about that.

And for the record, I will be eternally envious of Joeypost's Thanos collection. Magnificent bast@rd.

i kept the book on the first floor of a house in a cgc white box. There are no scratches on the case, it's just that it seems to have gotten yellow or maybe that's my imagination? I'm in NJ, would that really affect it that much?

edit - maybe it is just my eyes playing a trick on me. The other books in this thread have that same color. I just imagined that the cover was suppose to be like blinding white. =/

Can you give me some suggestions on where to put my white short box full of comics? The first floor of my house is pretty cool so i would assume it's a good spot. What about the heater during the winter? Will that affect the books?

Dont forget also that lighting can change the color of things significantly.... different types of lighting have different color signatures..... and can in turn cause white solids to take on different hues.... it might be yellowing cuz your looking at it in incandescant light? At least I think incandescant has a yellow shift or hue? hm

I thought that too and I took it outside and looked at it under sunlight. It was still not as white as i remembered. Maybe you are right, in my mind it just looked nicer 4 years ago.

This is probably a topic for another thread...but how much is really known about the way that a comic ages in a CGC case, or any other case for that matter? There are no examples that are...over ten years old? Maybe that needs to be 15 but even so...does the plastic it is made of ever degrade or is it mylar? Or something like that? And I know they are not waterproof which means they allow air to circulate which can also introduce moisture...Anyone know why they are not airtight, by the way?

This is probably a topic for another thread...but how much is really known about the way that a comic ages in a CGC case, or any other case for that matter? There are no examples that are...over ten years old? Maybe that needs to be 15 but even so...does the plastic it is made of ever degrade or is it mylar? Or something like that? And I know they are not waterproof which means they allow air to circulate which can also introduce moisture...Anyone know why they are not airtight, by the way?

The interior is melanex I think which is a brand of mylar.... so the case is actually pretty safe from my research.... the former poster is correct as well its not air tight so if you are keeping the book in a environ which has fluctating conditions you might have some problems......

Do a search on storage of slabs there has been plenty of threads on this... (thumbs u

Edited by Define999

Wrong place to ask maybe? I have a raw copy as well that I posted in the PGM board. Came up from 5.0 to 6.0 with a heavy lean toward 5.5.

I would like to take advantage of the craze and sell it since I now have my SS copy. It seems raw in that condition is going for about $200 on ebay. I am always weary of selling there because I have been burned in the past so I have considered offering it here. Thought I might try to help out fellow boardies. You think $150 is fair for the boards or should I just list it on ebay? Would you list it at a 5 day auction? Starting price $.99? I am always nervous to sell big books there because I only have a 69 feeback so far.

Iron Man #55 is going for big bucks in grade but I am not seeing many listings on ebay of elsewhere for a copy in the 2.5-3.0 range. What do you think mine is worth (scans below)?

Thanks!

im55013.jpg

im55014.jpg

Guess its gonna be a while before this book cools off enough to touch :facepalm:

GPA for 2011 in 9.6 was a little over 700, last sale for 9.6 was almost 1800..... :screwy:

Now if they would just make Avenger movies with Bishop I would be rolling in dough.

282uncanny-x-men-.jpg

Guess its gonna be a while before this book cools off enough to touch :facepalm:

GPA for 2011 in 9.6 was a little over 700, last sale for 9.6 was almost 1800..... :screwy:

Now if they would just make Avenger movies with Bishop I would be rolling in dough.

282uncanny-x-men-.jpg

Or Dazzler.

Iron Man #55 is going for big bucks in grade but I am not seeing many listings on ebay of elsewhere for a copy in the 2.5-3.0 range. What do you think mine is worth (scans below)?

Thanks!

im55013.jpg

im55014.jpg

I saw copies like this with some minor tearing and lots of stress on the spine still going for 50-60 bucks! :o Back pre-Avengers this copy might be worth like 15? Hope that helps!

I saw copies like this with some minor tearing and lots of stress on the spine still going for 50-60 bucks! :o Back pre-Avengers this copy might be worth like 15? Hope that helps!

$50-60 bucks sounds good to me. Thanks!

Edited by Dr Chaos