• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What to do while waiting for submissions posted by Matmarvel

3 posts in this topic

card and comic symbiosis

As you may have read from my previous journals, while I am completing my submitting odyssey I promised my wife I would not buy any CGC books until all have been paid for and slabbed, the question is how do I fill the collecting void during this period?

The answer - quirky, low priced collecting, I don't break my promise but the addiction is fed.

I have quite a collection of non sports cards, mostly X-Men related and I use among others 'Jeff Allenders House of Checklists' as a resourse, whilst doing inventory I noticed the 1993 Annuals list, now I was vaguely aware of these cards from a couple of X-books, but I didn't realise how kooky these characters were - all of them were new characters and all of them were beyond bizarre, whoever came up with them needed sacking, quite frankly!

e.g

Guardians of the Galaxy Annual #3 - Irish Wolfhound !

Iron Man Annual #14 - Face Thief !!

Wonder Man Annual #2 - Hit Maker, some kind of early Simon Cowell I think, he floors you with a vision of his high waisted trousers and finishes you off with a pithy jibe!!

So you can see why I was drawn to collect them, 27 in total, has anyone else been collecting on the insane side of the street recently?

(Psst.. two submissions verified, five to go)

11278.JPG

See more journals by Matmarvel

Just called to check on the first 3 economy submissions I gave to CGC on 1/7/12. Was told they are currently grading books that were submitted about a week before mine. Hey, it's only been 4 months, what's another month or more, right?

While playing the waiting game I've been picking up back issue reading copies of the old Avengers books- great stories!

sig.jpg