• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

excelsior1986 I have a bone to pick with you.

332 posts in this topic

After reading your thread,

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5636840&fpart=1

I contacted you, and decided I would help out by sending you $500 on the 1st of this month.

You told me:

"I gave 300 to my mom for rent and the rest will be going towards my phone bill, an upcoming doctors visit and gas".

Although the money was given to you to spend how you saw fit, I am wondering if you made the right choices?

On 5/2 you purchased:

Terrifying tales #14 for $40

4 war books for $14

Nancy and Sluggo for $15

On 5/4 you purchased:

Whiz #60 for $35

Flash Gordon for $10

On 5/5 you purchased:

Pep #29 for $55

Tec #28 for 25

Doll Man #43 for $40

These are just the ones I know of (except for the larger purchase you told me about).

The good new is, that I have learned something from this. I am posting this in case someone else thinks it's a good idea to help you out.

Regardless of what happens in the rest of the thread, just wanted to say that that was extremely nice of you, Mike.

dunno about you, but this should have been handled in a private PM, and not in a public forum. just sayin'

Benefit of the doubt, when things are real bad sometimes a comic or two (or ten) can make you feel a whole lot better. Net-net was $200 in books. I'm betting he will be contrite and maybe even return the $200 not spent on rent. Regardless, it was a really really nice gesture on your part Comicdonna (Mike) but like they say sometimes, no good deed goes unpunished.

Regardless of what happens in the rest of the thread, just wanted to say that that was extremely nice of you, Mike.

dunno about you, but this should have been handled in a private PM, and not in a public forum. just sayin'

Well he did say: "The good new is, that I have learned something from this. I am posting this in case someone else thinks it's a good idea to help you out."