• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First appearance of Sonic the Hedgehog?
1 1

69 posts in this topic

Sorry to bump an old-ish thread but I thought I'd bring this to the table just to stir things up a little.

UK Mean Machines variant. Exactly the same comic. Measures 8 x 11 and is a comic back to front with no ads.

Arguably rarer than the US comic, as an avid Sonic Comic collector it's taken me around 5 years to obtain a copy.

dr5u0p.jpg

Edited by timhugall

Sorry to bump an old-ish thread but I thought I'd bring this to the table just to stir things up a little.

UK Mean Machines variant. Exactly the same comic. Measures 8 x 11 and is a comic back to front with no ads.

Arguably rarer than the US comic, as an avid Sonic Comic collector it's taken me around 5 years to obtain a copy.

dr5u0p.jpg

Great book! I have been looking for one for some time!

dr5u0p.jpg

Awesome find! Congrats! (thumbs u

Bumping an old thread.

I noticed that CGC has now given the same designation to the JLE insert "Fall 1991"

It's clearly the insert as it says 'Advertisement' on the top.

Is this a CGC stuff up - or are these now being conceded as 1st app Sonic as well?

#confusedaboutsonic

SonicTheHedgehogPromo1Newsprint.jpg.5146e6b500f05834d9cdec088b657021.jpg

6 hours ago, seanfingh said:
6 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Do you mean because there are multiple comics that it can be taken out of?

That is exactly what I mean.

And it shares staples with the comic (at least my copies do.)

On 5/21/2012 at 1:36 PM, Cyclops said:

I contacted that guy and asked him about it and this is the reply I got:

"I had been doing some research and assumed that my copy came with a Disney Adventures Magazine because I used to buy them as a child, however another eBay member emailed me and informed me that he has that Disney Magazine and the comic was simply reprinted in the magazine, not inserted as a stand alone comic.

These must have been sold separately for the $1.50 cover price. It predates my comic book collecting years so I don't know why I would've bought it, maybe they sold it at Toys R Us or something like that and I convinced my parents to buy it for me, or someone else bought it for me and it managed to survive all these years. I don't clearly remember because I was only 6 at the time. Hope that helps."

So yeah, there you go...

I also contacted another guy selling a copy of DA because of the sonic stuff and he said that the story is printed within the magazine, but it's printed on a heavier weight of paper.

Sorry if im years late on this topic but have a question maybe you can answer me, so since it’s only a story printed in the comic and not an insert does this stop it from being a first appearance?? It shouldn’t right ?? I would like to believe that this Disney adventure is the first appearance , my reason for believing this is due to the fact that we get atleast a date to this book which is 11/91 they sega sonic promo book only gives it Fall91 no exact month 

On 5/21/2019 at 7:37 AM, comicdonna said:

Some might find this an interesting read.

While Recalled Comics is often interesting, it is not a reliable source of accurate information.

On 5/21/2019 at 7:02 AM, Pedro87 said:

Sorry if im years late on this topic but have a question maybe you can answer me, so since it’s only a story printed in the comic and not an insert does this stop it from being a first appearance?? It shouldn’t right ?? I would like to believe that this Disney adventure is the first appearance , my reason for believing this is due to the fact that we get atleast a date to this book which is 11/91 they sega sonic promo book only gives it Fall91 no exact month 

What you would like to believe is not relevant. It only matters when they were published, not what kind of date information was printed on the book.

No point starting a new thread on Sonic. After a few delays the movie, originally slated for 2019 is now set to be released in February of this year. Lets see some of your books.

I have 3 of the 4 books from the 1993 series. Only one was sent in to be graded however. They were numbered 0 through 3.

This is number 3 to start the ball rolling.

Sonic_3.jpg

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Sonic used to be a great seller I haven't sold them for several years.
What really sickened me where the sellers teaching others how to remove
the inserts and fool CGC. 

What's really unspeakable is that CGC could be "fooled" by that BS.(shrug)