• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First appearance of Sonic the Hedgehog?
1 1

69 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, divad said:
1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Sonic used to be a great seller I haven't sold them for several years.
What really sickened me where the sellers teaching others how to remove
the inserts and fool CGC. 

What's really unspeakable is that CGC could be "fooled" by that BS.(shrug)

I almost said that and left it out. I can let them slide a bit on this one. 

Criminals and fraud artists are going to occasionally get something by them.
There have been worse scandals over the years. 

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I almost said that and left it out. I can let them slide a bit on this one. 

Criminals and fraud artists are going to occasionally get something by them.
There have been worse scandals over the years. 

Indeed, they've even hired a couple, two, three. :wink:

On 1/6/2023 at 9:01 AM, tommy1292 said:

Alright boys and girls, bringing this topic back from the DEAD. I have another variant I would like to point out for the mini comic. Only difference I could find is the leaf color. One is green and one is yellow. Any insight on this? Check the attachments. 

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJnb2NvbGxlY3QuaW1hZ2VzLnB1YiIsImtleSI6IjM0MjNkNDkzLWY4ODktNDQyMS04Y2M0LTUzMjI4ZmM1MTE4My5KUEciLCJlZGl0cyI6W119.webp

green.webp

I forget the thread, but did it come with the video game? or any other specific distribution?

I am unaware of where it came from. I find it interesting there are a lot less with the yellow leafs, even in past sales. Im beginning to think 1st or 2nd print? It could be a possibility that the yellow and green were sold or placed in different areas but had same print date. I am shocked this hasn't been a topic yet on the leaf color... 

Actually, in point of fact, the 1st appearance of Sonic and Doctor Robotnik was the manga contained in Mega Drive Fan of 1991 ~

The gaming magazine - which had the manga included within - had a cover date of July 1991, however, in Japan the release date is usually a month prior to the cover date; ergo, the manga predates both the North American and Japanese release dates of the Sonic the Hedgehog video game, and naturally also the Sonic the Hedgehog #1 from Fall 1991, too (outside of Rad Mobile and Puzzle Construction) ~

54887828bffe86ae02683e2f02b78cdc.png

Link: https://archive.org/details/md_fan_199107_extra_2_sonic_story_comic_vol1/mode/2up

Edited by Bart Allen

On 1/6/2023 at 9:01 AM, tommy1292 said:

Alright boys and girls, bringing this topic back from the DEAD. I have another variant I would like to point out for the mini comic. Only difference I could find is the leaf color. One is green and one is yellow. Any insight on this? Check the attachments. 

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJnb2NvbGxlY3QuaW1hZ2VzLnB1YiIsImtleSI6IjM0MjNkNDkzLWY4ODktNDQyMS04Y2M0LTUzMjI4ZmM1MTE4My5KUEciLCJlZGl0cyI6W119.webp

green.webp

Really late to the party here, but I suspect a production error rather than an intentional variety here; the "yellow" copy is also missing the green ink from the bird (or whatever that is) between Sonic and the pillar