• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The GA cover tribute/swipe thread
1 1

69 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, telerites said:

Been over a year since this thread has had a post but I recently picked up this copy of Thunda and knew I had seen this girl before.  From the jungle to space and some hair dye.  No doubt in my mind she is one and the same - a couple of very recognizable features...

20180803_034349.thumb.jpg.96b00a9aa7d51e46647d7e5ce752c375.jpg

0601131837331.jpg

Can't be a swipe -- the gorilla doesn't have a ray gun. :insane:

33 minutes ago, AJD said:

Ah, I'd forgotten about this thread. I'll add one more aviation photo reference to the list. (The photo has been reversed to get the match.)

Biggles_24_swipe.jpg.4ece37173fac32dfe0e100e64f2f2bb4.jpgBiggles_24.thumb.jpg.1d5b3d5db28978575c89e5c1f719c3f3.jpg

Man, you guys are good!

On 1/27/2017 at 10:48 PM, AJD said:

Two hobbies collide - aircraft modelling and comic collecting. I look at a lot of photos while researching models, and every now and then I see an image I recognise from a comic. Here's a couple more:

RB-36D_in_Convair_plant_zpsrv2fltmo.jpg zOz_Fight_25_int_2_zps1dkeyziv.jpg

(The b&w page is from an Australian reprint of a Wings story)

b17_waist_gunners.jpg.50b033d2b469d6f8190be79e51dc5a30.jpg

0.jpg

And one more, from a British war comic. This one was too easy because the photo is from a very frequently reprinted sequence:

stirling_photo_zps7d84a312.jpg War_123_stirling_zps6b40bdee.jpg

i believe that is the Willow Run assembly plant which was near Detroit only an hour away from me ...they tried to save it but it was too big and it was finally torn down a few years ago...

it helped win the war for the allies !!

Willow Run Plant in Michigan

The Willow Run manufacturing plant, located between Ypsilanti and Belleville, Michigan, was constructed during World War II by the Ford Motor Company for the mass production of the B-24 Liberator

Image result for willow run assembly plant

Edited by 1950's war comics

Wow, Photobucket have really screwed this thread. I just went through and replaced all of the images I could find in my posts. But it really makes me wonder who made the business decision to have the Photobucket logo associated with poor quality images all over the internet...