• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15 1.8 / 2.0.

23 posts in this topic

It's a pence copy - printed at the same time on the same press, with the price plates changed at the end of the run. The only other differences are the absence of a date on the cover below the issue number and the words "Distributed by Thorpe and Porter" at the bottom of the indicia. I don't think there are other variants as such.

Ah UK variant goodness, home sweet home. Can't believe these variants don't carry a higher price tag as in terms of rarity there were a hell of a lot less printed and as already said came off the original print run with only the couple of changes for price etc. if anyone's wondering I think I'm right in saying the letter d dictates shilling. GLWTS

Ah UK variant goodness, home sweet home. Can't believe these variants don't carry a higher price tag as in terms of rarity there were a hell of a lot less printed and as already said came off the original print run with only the couple of changes for price etc. if anyone's wondering I think I'm right in saying the letter d dictates shilling. GLWTS

D = denarii, or old pence. 12 old pence made a shilling back in 1962, so this book was less than a shilling on the newstand.

+1

it's not like a reprint done later so i'm surprised theres such a price difference for the pence copies ???

+1

it's not like a reprint done later so i'm surprised theres such a price difference for the pence copies ???

I've wondered the same thing, there shouldn't be that much of a price difference between the two versions. The pence copies should be worth slightly more than the US price version since they're less abundant.

Man, I wished I had the money to buy this copy.

But regrettably you tied up all your money in Strawberry Shortcakes. With any luck she'll be in the next Avengers movie...then prices will soar on that book.