• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Million Dollar Debut... of the Detective #359 Club!
3 3

372 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, drotto said:

Is this book going to take a price hit after Justice League and the now uncertain future of the movie and Joss Whedon on the project?

Probably -- I mean, I think it was slightly undervalued before, but without a definite movie, I think the character is going slip back a bit, we'll see if any really high end copies seep out, but there was a 9.2 in the most recent Link auction and while it wasn't a "great" 9.2 it didn't perform that great.  It's still not going to come back to pre run up #s though

52 minutes ago, drotto said:

Is this book going to take a price hit after Justice League and the now uncertain future of the movie and Joss Whedon on the project?

The most recent news stories say Whedon is still on the project and the movie is still a go. I think prices will hold steady then have a slight decline after the movie comes out.

2 hours ago, Foolkiller said:

Probably -- I mean, I think it was slightly undervalued before, but without a definite movie, I think the character is going slip back a bit, we'll see if any really high end copies seep out, but there was a 9.2 in the most recent Link auction and while it wasn't a "great" 9.2 it didn't perform that great.  It's still not going to come back to pre run up #s though

Yeah, people were saying for a long time that 359 was undervalued, very true. Hard to tell on that particular 9.2 as the last one the listed in their previous auction was from the Fantucchio ped and GPA pretty much went out the window for those. Roughly there was about a 2k difference between the two copies' sale prices, though. If there's an overall fall off trend forming, it may also be from market saturation just as much as uncertainty with the movie. I've had this book in my saved eBay searches for a while and there is definitely a healthy supply out there from the number of new listings I see every day.

The Batman SA villain and Batgirl 1st apps were definitely undervalued for a long time and they have played catch up the past 3 years. The movie hype helped a bit over the past year, but Tec #359 started doubling (or more) in price before that. I view it as being driven more by the DC keys catching up to Marvel keys effect. FWIW, check out the prices on SA Joker covered Bats and Tecs now as well. They have spiked without movie hype over the past couple of years (e.g. Batman #163 CGC 9.4 = $1000?).

As far as prices for November and now start of December auctions, this is usually the worst time of the year to be selling but a great time to be buying. I personally look to do more purchases for both my collection and buy to flip multiples now. 

Edited by kimik