• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Million Dollar Debut... of the Detective #359 Club!
3 3

372 posts in this topic

On 1/23/2018 at 5:20 PM, Haupia said:

I felt this comic in my storage box and it seemed warmer then the others. I think it's heating up!!!

IMG_1025.JPG

That's a stunner. I was looking at some other slabbed CGC 6.5s in the last week or two, and couldn't find any that presented nearly this well.  (thumbsu

15 hours ago, Jking3437 said:

This book is really taking off now , past couple months 

Tec #359 and Batman #181 (1st Poison Ivy) are both starting to move up again in all grades. I guess the movie speculation dollars are coming back to these two books? 

I am surprised that this Tec #359 CGC 8.0 got a CVA Exceptional sticker with OW pages and the noticeable defects. I own a nicer 8.0, and have seen several others nicer than it the past year. 

It will be interesting to see how it does price-wise as a result of the sticker.

RADB110420181114_102723.jpg

3 hours ago, zosocane said:

Imperfect centering, too.  Is CVA still putting stickers on slabs?

First thing I noticed too.  Great looking book, but slightly off center.  Colors look great.  Hard to see gloss thru the slab (especially in a scan), but that would help.  Still, the centering is off (it’s not egregious enough that it would deter me, but it’s not “perfect”).

3 hours ago, zosocane said:

Imperfect centering, too.  Is CVA still putting stickers on slabs?

Yes, CVA is still putting stickers on slabs for sure.  I have a book that is being auctioned off that just got one.  That being said, I don't see why this copy deserved one.