• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Million Dollar Debut... of the Detective #359 Club!
3 3

372 posts in this topic

What language is that in? Polish?

As far as our research Poland never did Tec 359 and didnt start issuing Marvel /DC editions until the 1980s. The rarest or most desired Polish issues i can vouch for is Man of Steel #18, ASM238 and 316

This issue is Norway 1968. I got it for $85 they rarely pop out for sale. there is a pretty cool Denmark edition same year where she is called Bat-Pigen...

Here's an impulse buy I picked up. If this is really the second ever appearance of Batgirl, it seems way undervalued!

A Tec #359 in this condition would be a $400-500 book... this one was twenty bucks.

Maybe it's time for a Detective #363 club... hm

2rma4qe.jpg

Been some time since I bumped this thread. Since I noted a crazy spike in raw #359 prices on ebay back in the winter, I'll be fair and note that they seem to have drifted back to earth more recently, with VGish copies looking more like $150 than the $200-250 we were seeing for a while. (Even so, not too shabby for what was a $35-50 VG book not that long ago.)

Not only am I a member of the club, but I have every Batgirl appearance from 359 to Batgirl Special #1 :)

Now that's a fan. (worship)

I really love that shot. Right through the sweet spot of the Bat-books I was reading as a kid in the late 70s/early 80s, that first got me hooked on comics.

Which are your favorites (story, cover etc) ?

Thanks guys, I got hooked as a kid in 89 with re-runs of Batman 66. However by that time, Killing Joke had just come out, so I had to look for back issues for my Batgirl fix.

I started grabbing all of her appearances during college in the late 90s when stuff was still dirt cheap.

Me and a couple of collectors online started making a list, and I started a website (rather dormant these days) to track it all: http://batgirlarchives.8m.com/

It was a joy during those days thumbing through long boxes just looking for a shot of Babs.

As far as stories go, my first love is Batman Family. Her and Robin were great together, and it exposed me to the 50's reprints. Gil Kane had a short run in backups of Tec that are good as well.

Favorite cover? Gotta be the run in my tights!