• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Million Dollar Debut... of the Detective #359 Club!
3 3

372 posts in this topic

Here is a neat Batgirl cover from the late 70s... not quite an 'appearance' per se, as it's someone else in her costume, but I always found this cover fun and intriguing, with a memorably wacky cross-section of DC characters.

350jki9.jpg

Hey guys this is my first post here and I'm working on getting this issue as my second key issue. I've noticed the top right corner for 359 can have different rows for the checkerboard pattern. Can anyone explain to me why some issues are different?

Here is a neat Batgirl cover from the late 70s... not quite an 'appearance' per se, as it's someone else in her costume, but I always found this cover fun and intriguing, with a memorably wacky cross-section of DC characters.

350jki9.jpg

I wonder if this issue has seen a spike with the Flash TV show airing this fall? Classic issue featuring the "death" of Iris - she is killed by the Reverse Flash.

Hey guys this is my first post here and I'm working on getting this issue as my second key issue. I've noticed the top right corner for 359 can have different rows for the checkerboard pattern. Can anyone explain to me why some issues are different?

Welcome to the boards! (thumbs u

If by 'different rows' you mean that some copies have an extra column of boxes to the right of the CCA box, that just has to do with the printing cut of the book and how much cover art is showing along the right edge. If that's not what you're referring to, hope you'll come back and clarify.

Cool thank you that's exactly what I was looking for. Just wondering if extra or less rows meant it was fake or trimmed. And is there a supply thread here? I'm looking for a top loader that can fit a standard size or silver age mylites2.

Cool thank you that's exactly what I was looking for. Just wondering if extra or less rows meant it was fake or trimmed. And is there a supply thread here? I'm looking for a top loader that can fit a standard size or silver age mylites2.

Hotflips is our resident supplier and good guy.

You can go to hotflips.com or send him a PM on the boards: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=10303