• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Million Dollar Debut... of the Detective #359 Club!
3 3

372 posts in this topic

On second thought, I am a bit more cautious about the film now. While Whedon hit a home run with the first Avengers film, he struck out with a bad sequel with AoU. On the TV side, he is also involved in the horrible Agents of SHIELD show. I am hoping that in Batgirl he brings the magic of the first Avengers movie, and not the sequel. :wishluck:

11 hours ago, kimik said:

On second thought, I am a bit more cautious about the film now. While Whedon hit a home run with the first Avengers film, he struck out with a bad sequel with AoU. On the TV side, he is also involved in the horrible Agents of SHIELD show. I am hoping that in Batgirl he brings the magic of the first Avengers movie, and not the sequel. :wishluck:

I mean, Avengers 2: AOU wasn't that bad. At the end of the day, it was a solid film. I think when you try not to make it live up to the expectations of #1 you realize it was enjoyable with solid action and the good old Avengers we know and love. Shield on the other hand I agree.

12 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I mean, Avengers 2: AOU wasn't that bad. At the end of the day, it was a solid film. I think when you try not to make it live up to the expectations of #1 you realize it was enjoyable with solid action and the good old Avengers we know and love. Shield on the other hand I agree.

I agree.  He's a proven director that, unlike Zack Snyder, had not delivered a trail of dud movies.  I think we will see colors and, most important a lot of fun in this Batgirl movie.  And i don't think it will be a CGI-fest shot inside some warehouse with fake clouds in the background.

Every action movie has CGI in it now. Snyder is very hit or miss on his movies, 300 was a hit, Watchman was well done, Man Of Steel was a hit. Yes BvS was terrible, which was over stuffed and badly edited.  I wouldn't say he's had a trail of duds cause he hasn't.  Some people think cause George Lucas used no CGI and used a bunch of puppets and miniatures to make way back in 1977, then that's how it should be now. If that's you stop being that guy!   

Edited by Kevin76