• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Million Dollar Debut... of the Detective #359 Club!
3 3

372 posts in this topic

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 8:02 AM, Kevin76 said:

Every action movie has CGI in it now. Snyder is very hit or miss on his movies, 300 was a hit, Watchman was well done, Man Of Steel was a hit. Yes BvS was terrible, which was over stuffed and badly edited.  I wouldn't say he's had a trail of duds cause he hasn't.  Some people think cause George Lucas used no CGI and used a bunch of puppets and miniatures to make way back in 1977, then that's how it should be now. If that's you stop being that guy!   

I agree, I wouldn't call Snyder's films a trail of duds. I rather enjoyed all of his films, except for maybe Sucker Punch. I'm not saying they are great movies, but at the least they have fun action and are cinematically beautiful. The main gripe I believe is tonally they are too dark. I mean I guess, but it doesn't bother me haha.

Copies of Tec 359 are going bananas on ebay. Looks a bit like everyone is trying to move their ugliest copies in this window.  lol

Remember, this film is still a looong way away... if you're in the market for a #359, probably best to wait a few weeks for things to quiet down.

18 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

This is what movie hype does to a comic book lol  Does this mean that the current sale prices are now the new fmv?  Time will tell.  Also a chance that it's all talk but not 100% sure the movie will get made?  

Agreed to a certain extent, but this book was gapping up the past two year and well before the movie announcement. I have played it twice the past four years, with prices basically doubling on the half dozen or so copies I accumulated each time. My only mistake was selling too many last year before the latest run up. ?

A lot of SA DC keys/1st apps are just starting to play catch up with their Marvel counterparts. We have seen the same trend play out in the past. Marvel SA books run up, DC SA books lag and then play catch up.

Edited by kimik

30 minutes ago, kimik said:

A lot of SA DC keys/1st apps are just starting to play catch up with their Marvel counterparts. We have seen the same trend play out in the past. Marvel SA books run up, DC SA books lag and then play catch up.

Strange Adventures 205 is one of these.

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

It's good to see that SA DC books are gaining some ground, but still has a long ways to catch up to the Marvel keys.  I don't think it will ever come to that. Marvel is just rollling right now.

I do not mean that they catch up to SA Marvel keys in prices as the demand for DC is not the same, but that they eventually run up after the Marvel books have their jump. 

Edited by kimik

3 hours ago, Sam I am said:

Strange Adventures 205 is one of these.

Shhh.......? not everyone has caught onto that book yet.  (thumbsu

There are a couple of others that there is still a bit of time to accumulate as well.