The Million Dollar Debut... of the Detective #359 Club!
6 6

349 posts in this topic

21,740 posts
3 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Would anyone be willing/able to tell me current GPA on a 3.0? Thx in advance!

12 month average is $301

90 day average is $298

Last sale $325

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,939 posts

Is this book going to take a price hit after Justice League and the now uncertain future of the movie and Joss Whedon on the project?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,173 posts
23 minutes ago, drotto said:

Is this book going to take a price hit after Justice League and the now uncertain future of the movie and Joss Whedon on the project?

Probably -- I mean, I think it was slightly undervalued before, but without a definite movie, I think the character is going slip back a bit, we'll see if any really high end copies seep out, but there was a 9.2 in the most recent Link auction and while it wasn't a "great" 9.2 it didn't perform that great.  It's still not going to come back to pre run up #s though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
237 posts
52 minutes ago, drotto said:

Is this book going to take a price hit after Justice League and the now uncertain future of the movie and Joss Whedon on the project?

The most recent news stories say Whedon is still on the project and the movie is still a go. I think prices will hold steady then have a slight decline after the movie comes out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,967 posts
2 hours ago, Foolkiller said:

Probably -- I mean, I think it was slightly undervalued before, but without a definite movie, I think the character is going slip back a bit, we'll see if any really high end copies seep out, but there was a 9.2 in the most recent Link auction and while it wasn't a "great" 9.2 it didn't perform that great.  It's still not going to come back to pre run up #s though

Yeah, people were saying for a long time that 359 was undervalued, very true. Hard to tell on that particular 9.2 as the last one the listed in their previous auction was from the Fantucchio ped and GPA pretty much went out the window for those. Roughly there was about a 2k difference between the two copies' sale prices, though. If there's an overall fall off trend forming, it may also be from market saturation just as much as uncertainty with the movie. I've had this book in my saved eBay searches for a while and there is definitely a healthy supply out there from the number of new listings I see every day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21,740 posts

The Batman SA villain and Batgirl 1st apps were definitely undervalued for a long time and they have played catch up the past 3 years. The movie hype helped a bit over the past year, but Tec #359 started doubling (or more) in price before that. I view it as being driven more by the DC keys catching up to Marvel keys effect. FWIW, check out the prices on SA Joker covered Bats and Tecs now as well. They have spiked without movie hype over the past couple of years (e.g. Batman #163 CGC 9.4 = $1000?).

As far as prices for November and now start of December auctions, this is usually the worst time of the year to be selling but a great time to be buying. I personally look to do more purchases for both my collection and buy to flip multiples now. 

Edited by kimik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,610 posts

Here is mine, haven’t posted since the ohotobucket mess and this is a bad pic 

D457CAEE-2E93-49E1-A5A1-CDC3196DFFEF.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,509 posts

Added a second copy today. While its lower grade than my raw, my sense is it's got a lot of climb left in it, and I did not want to miss an affordable pick-up. Maybe I just have DT's from watching HOS 92 accelerate so rapidly (shrug)

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21,740 posts

You're welcome and congrats on the solid undercopy. 

You can never have too many copies of this book. (thumbsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,509 posts
On December 7, 2017 at 11:17 AM, kimik said:

You're welcome and congrats on the solid undercopy. 

You can never have too many copies of this book. (thumbsu

I guess I agree...added this one today!

I'm tellin' ya....HOS 92 DT's.....added a third today.

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21,740 posts

Nice. 

FWIW, how many copies of Batman #181 do you have? I consider it the twin to Tec #359, and it is another great book to have multiple copies of.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,509 posts
38 minutes ago, kimik said:

Nice. 

FWIW, how many copies of Batman #181 do you have? I consider it the twin to Tec #359, and it is another great book to have multiple copies of.

 

I completely agree, but I only have 1...for now...:devil:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,827 posts

GPA on this book is a vast sea of green arrows pointing up. 2017 was a VERY good year for Tec 359!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30,775 posts
3 minutes ago, Point Five said:

GPA on this book is a vast sea of green arrows pointing up. 2017 was a VERY good year for Tec 359!

 

I hope I can get a copy this spring.  :wishluck:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,827 posts
4 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

I hope I can get a copy this spring.  :wishluck:

Best of luck, Mike. (thumbsu What grade are you shooting for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30,775 posts
Just now, Point Five said:

Best of luck, Mike. (thumbsu What grade are you shooting for?

Thanks Jon.  I would like a 7.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,827 posts
3 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Thanks Jon.  I would like a 7.5

I hope you can swing one! I really should have nabbed a high-grade copy back when I started this thread.  :facepalm:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
353 posts

I felt this comic in my storage box and it seemed warmer then the others. I think it's heating up!!!

IMG_1025.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
6 6