• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Million Dollar Debut... of the Detective #359 Club!
3 3

372 posts in this topic

Here's my copy which I'm looking to upgrade at some point.

Funny ... I'm lookin' to buy yours when you do.

+1 lol A nice 7.5 would be the perfect sweet spot for me.

Don't sell it to Jon! He should be spending his loot on food for the baby!!

I'm just a lonely old man who can spend his money wherever he wants! :baiting:

Don't sell it to Jon! He should be spending his loot on food for the baby!!

I'm just a lonely old man who can spend his money wherever he wants! :baiting:

lol

A stash of high-grade Detective #359s are my last best hope to pay for his college years. :wishluck:

I just can't help it but he "checker board" top on DC's books during that era always reminds me of the Aurora AFX race cars I had during my childhood.

Tec 359 is the "Deep Purple SA Key." great book.

John

I don't know if the teminology is still widely used - but collectors used to refer to the checkerboard as "go-go checks" and collecting books with them was a popular theme.

Maybe I'll post up my copy tomorrow. "Just" an 8.0 - but it presents very well.

OK - here are my enteries into the club. And if no one minds too much - I would like to expand it a bit.

First my Detective 359. Not up to Bob's standard - but he isn't called High Grade Comics for no reason!

DetectiveComics359.jpg

Now IMO that the next three appearances of the Barbara Gordon Batgirl are well worth a look at as well.

Detective 363. Almost a headlight cover here and she's blindfolded too: May 1967

DetectiveComics363.jpg

Next up World's Finest 169. A cute cover with Supergirl as well as Batman and Superman. Sept 1967 I had to "borrow" this image btw. I realized looking about that I don't own a copy of this issue. I'll have to fix that.

WorldsFinest169.jpg

And my personal favorite. Detective Comics 371. Earns a "classic cover" designation from the OPG and the first appeance of the new Batmobile based on the TV show - Jan 1968

DetectiveComics371.jpg

Love these early Batgirl issues. Hope you've enjoyed looking at them

Edited by Tony S

OK - here are my enteries into the club. And if no one minds too much - I would like to expand it a bit.

First my Detective 359. Not up to Bob's standard - but he isn't called High Grade Comics for no reason!

DetectiveComics359.jpg

Now IMO that the next three appearances of the Barbara Gordon Batgirl are well worth a look at as well.

Detective 363. Almost a headlight cover here and she's blindfolded too: May 1967

DetectiveComics363.jpg

Next up World's Finest 169. A cute cover with Supergirl as well as Batman and Superman. Sept 1967 I had to "borrow" this image btw. I realized looking about that I don't own a copy of this issue. I'll have to fix that.

WorldsFinest169.jpg

And my personal favorite. Detective Comics 371. Earns a "classic cover" designation from the OPG and the first appeance of the new Batmobile based on the TV show - Jan 1968

DetectiveComics371.jpg

Love these early Batgirl issues. Hope you've enjoyed looking at them

Nice books, thanks for sharing. :applause:

First my Detective 359. Not up to Bob's standard - but he isn't called High Grade Comics for no reason! ...

Great books. Congrats on that sharp 8.0! (thumbs u