• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE PARK AVENUE COLLECTION
4 4

2,895 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

You mean the missing top part of the cover? I didn't think  you cut anything, I was just surprised they said it was incomplete for just the top part missing.

Yes the top third of the cover.

Marty

7 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

So I looked up "remaindered" CGC and found this thread. https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/306628-remainder-copy-of-detective-168/page/2/#comments

Good thing you didn't sell it for $150 back then because I just bid $500 and got outbid right away;) 

Good luck with the auction, I'm sure a few of us will continue watching.

Thank you for your bid and well wishes...I'm really looking forward to see how a Golden Age Remainder does at auction.

Marty

Best wishes on the auction Marty.

Sort of a shame that it's marked restored when it's your original book.Well,a downright shame. @namisgr had a book he bought from the stands labeled restored as well.Mistakes happen.

13 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

So I looked up "remaindered" CGC and found this thread. https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/306628-remainder-copy-of-detective-168/page/2/#comments

Good thing you didn't sell it for $150 back then because I just bid $500 and got outbid right away;) 

Good luck with the auction, I'm sure a few of us will continue watching.

I think I outbid you. lol

14 hours ago, Marty Mann said:

Agreed...but the Restoration Manager see's something that appears to be color-touch other than the Blue Remainder Ink.

DET1.17405A.jpg

DET1.17405B.jpg

CGC is mistaken. It's probably residue from the distributor ink.  Certainly no one tried to "restore" the book. Common sense should prevail in this type of situation.

8 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

CGC is mistaken. It's probably residue from the distributor ink.  Certainly no one tried to "restore" the book. Common sense should prevail in this type of situation.

Thank you...I only hope those interested in bidding on my book think that way.

Marty

16 minutes ago, Marty Mann said:

Appears to be a little interest in my book...thank you!

Marty

Hope it does great Marty.Hopefully folk here that know the story are bidding.We know it's not restored.go Go GO sales!

While reading through my ACTION #93 I found it contained an extra long SUPERMAN story, 16 pages, and what might be

the FIRST KISS between CLARK & LOIS...she's kissed SUPERMAN many times but this might be the first time she's

been kissed by CLARK...anyone know?

IMG  ACTION #93 a  (200 dpi).jpg

While going through my books I'm always surprised to find something I hadn't noticed before.  In my copy of

DC's FUNNY FOLKS #10 dated October/November 1947  I found inside the back cover a black & white ad for THE

GUMPS #4.  In checking out my copy of THE GUMPS #4 I discovered it was not a NATIONAL COMICS

PUBLICATION issue but a BRIDGEPORT HERALD Publication.  I wonder what the connection was between

the two companies...or did the BRIDGEPORT HERALD just buy an ad to promote the book?   I actually bought

my copies of THE GUMPS #4 & #5 at W.T. GRANTS...I just thought it was a DELL COMIC.

IMG  THE GUMPS #4 Promo ad (From FUNNY FOLKS #10)  (200 dpi).jpg

IMG  THE GUMPS #4  (200 dpi).jpg

Edited by Marty Mann