• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE PARK AVENUE COLLECTION
4 4

2,889 posts in this topic

On 12/23/2019 at 9:22 AM, Marty Mann said:

Just saw that KATY KEENE is coming to TV.

IMG  KATY KEENE  (200 dpi).jpg

Always been keen on Katy! I remember being so confused as a kid,seeing her glamourous bronze age,copper comics but the occasional pin up style from the earlier years stuff in Double Digest ect.All those mashed up reprints,with the odd Super Duck story thrown in.Joining here helped,but so,so much I'm still learning,always!

Ah,here they are!Marty,was that you that filled the cover?Stuff like that makes me love stuff even more,and with this one,knowing it could have been a young you enjoying the comic,makes it even sweeter.

I hope you don't let that other fellow stop you from posting in the other thread.Bahookie to them!

On 1/30/2020 at 6:52 PM, porcupine48 said:

Ah,here they are!Marty,was that you that filled the cover?Stuff like that makes me love stuff even more,and with this one,knowing it could have been a young you enjoying the comic,makes it even sweeter.

I hope you don't let that other fellow stop you from posting in the other thread.Bahookie to them!

Thank you...yes I wrote on the cover then tried to erase it.

Marty

-30-

Edited by Marty Mann

4 hours ago, Marty Mann said:

Thank you...yes I wrote on the cover then tried to erase it.

Marty

-30-

That's great,I mean,it's what it was meant for,right?Did you ever silly putty and of your books or send away with coupons?

16 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

That's great,I mean,it's what it was meant for,right?Did you ever silly putty and of your books or send away with coupons?

Yes I did clip a few coupons for items but really the money wasn't there too often.

Marty

18 hours ago, Marty Mann said:

Yes I did clip a few coupons for items but really the money wasn't there too often.

Marty

Understandable.A bunch of my childhood comics have coupons in them that I filled out just pretending I could send away.Most of them were used from yard sales so even if we could afford it the expiration date was probably passed years before lol 

4 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Understandable.A bunch of my childhood comics have coupons in them that I filled out just pretending I could send away.Most of them were used from yard sales so even if we could afford it the expiration date was probably passed years before lol 

Here's one from inside the front cover of BILLY THE KID AND OSCAR #1 that I filled out but never sent in.

IMG   COUPONS 2   (200 dpi).jpg