• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the general consensus on dizneyart ?

14 posts in this topic

I did a forum search...

I turned up some flattering posts...

I turned up some... not so flattering posts...

What is the current status?

Not a fan. We had worked out a deal for a high grade slab through eBay messaging. Told me to put the offer we agreed to through and he would accept it. Put the offer through at midnight on a weekday and he messaged me back later that night, saying the book had sold while he was trying to accept the offer. Could have I suppose, but would have been for the highest price ever for the grade and book according to GPA. Also, the last time I looked, the book was still listed on his site for sale (weeks after the "deal"). Again, could have been legit, but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Also, I had bought a high grade raw book that had a water stain on the front cover and I didn't agree with the NM grade. Messaged him and he took care of it with a partial refund. Book was part of that "fire mountain" run he was selling through eBay a year or so ago. My opinion after that was that if it's a book that he's selling raw, there's a reason it's not in plastic. He slabs the nice books. 2c

I'm pretty sure he's a board member, but not overly active.

Book was part of that "fire mountain" run he was selling through eBay a year or so ago.

Where do they get these flashy names? ... So which volcano are we talking about ?

I used to buy from him at cons and also mailorder. I've purchased from him off eBay as well. It was all good.

In regards to his eBay activity, I would agree that he probably slabs what needs to be, and if he's selling raw, there is probably a reason. Last I recalled, he didn't put grades on the raw stuff.

Book was part of that "fire mountain" run he was selling through eBay a year or so ago.

Where do they get these flashy names? ... So which volcano are we talking about ?

Mount St. Helens. Covered the Seattle area with ash for weeks when it erupted in 1980.

sthelens_waitingforbus.jpg

Recently, I won a book on one of eBay auctions. I messaged him about three times over a two-week period for an invoice with shipping costs, but there was no response. To this day there is still no invoice, and last time I checked my eBay account, looks as if the sale has been cancelled. Go figure.

Mount St. Helens. Covered the Seattle area with ash for weeks when it erupted in 1980.

sthelens_waitingforbus.jpg

Wow. Thanks.

I have bought maybe 8 or 10 books from him. A few of them were very major (for me) purchases. In each case he shipped the books immediately with excellent packaging.

On a couple of them I asked if he would take a lower price, and he gave me a discount each of those times.

On a couple sales I asked for a couple months to pay and each time he said yes.

So for me he has been a GREAT seller (thumbs u

I have known Mark for many years and have bought some really nice books from him! If there is a book on Ebay and I submit an offer than he will get back to me promptly! Not like some dealers who never bother to get back to me! Once the offer is accepted he ships very quickly, many times by overnight mail, and very securely! I highly recommend Mark, he is one of the great sellers on Ebay or anywhere else for that matter! EJR (thumbs u

Hmm maybe it was for the best...

I was the under bidder by $1 on the raw Amazing Spiderman 13

Oh well