• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You Gotta Ask Yourself One Question...

15 posts in this topic

What's the problem? It's eBay NM! Whole different grading scale entirely..... 893frustrated.gif

It just amazes me that people see "NM" and hammer on the BINs, and then later will moan and groan about poor EBay grading.

I did my job, asked for and received large scans, and anyone who bought these in haste, deserves what they get.

What's the problem? It's eBay NM! Whole different grading scale entirely.....

Holy 893censored-thumb.gif After seeing that NM book I just realized I wasted all that time grading my books when they were in "reality" all NM, even the ones from Denver. I owe Chuck an apology.

CRC

well , just another fine example of e-bay grading. that book is probably somewhere in the 6.0-7.0 range with the spine problems, big crease on right edge and blunted corners. i think that's even bad for e-bay (claiming this to be a 9.4 with a crappy little scan). at least the prices were such bargains that no one got too screwed.

and this dude is closing in on 600 distinctive feedbacks with 100% positive - that's why you can only trust a few folks that you've dealt with previously 893naughty-thumb.gif

I don't think Steven Velez is going to be too happy. He just dropped close to a C-note on 7 bronze age readers.

Sure, but he should have realized that if the books were in NM condition, buyers like myself would have scooped them long ago.

He said NEAR Mint. Just how NEAR were you expecting? Near is relative term. The Earth is near the Sun when compaired to it's distance from the center of the Milky Way. But good luck walking there before lunch.

It seem you had your expectations set a little too high. Try to be a bit more flexable next time. confused-smiley-013.gif

He said NEAR Mint. Just how NEAR were you expecting? Near is relative term.

It's funny that many a ebay seller pleads that "I don't know how to grade", yet they ALL know the abbreviation and the magic words NM / Near Mint.

Selective learning. insane.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif