• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage shipping/service

20 posts in this topic

I've moaned about HA before. The payment methods (wire payment for big orders, no VISA or Paypal) are draconian, but it's not the end of the world to do a wire transfer. In fact, with my current order, they received the wire transfer the same day I sent it.

My biggest issue is that they never keep my shipping instructions on file, despite my having filled out the shipping instruction form multiple times, and every time checking the "keep on file" box. I also always write on the form that I want them to bill the shipping and customs fees to my corporate Fedex account, and to also keep this info on file for all future purchases.

I called HA customer service after the most recent auction and, miracle of miracles, they did have the shipping instructions on file.

But they had no record of my Fedex shipping instructions or my account number.

I emailed my corporate Fedex info to the customer service person, asking her to add it to my file and to use it for all future purchases, including the current one.

She wrote back immediately: "Done!"

That was on May 16th. Then I went on holiday.

Today I called to see why my package still hadn't shipped yet. Surprise, surprise: my Fedex shipping info wasn't in my file. The person who took the Fedex info from me on May 16th said that she wasn't sure if she should add my company name to my HA account info, so instead she didn't do anything at all. Didn't call me or email me to ask me about it. Didn't add the Fedex info to my file. Didn't arrange to ship my package. Just. Did. Nothing.

But today she said she'd take care of everything "right away", find out where my package was, and get back to me "today" with info on when it would ship.

It's now end of day, and nada.

C'mon HA. This is really basic stuff! Why do you insist on making it so frickin' difficult!? You've got my money, you've got my shipping address, you've got my Fedex account info. Just ship it!

I'm willing to bet that after the next auction, I'll be going through the same all over again.

EOW (end of whinge)

Please email me at: steveb@ha.com

I will talk to the "powers that be" and, hopefully, get this taken care of for you once and for all.

I will be at the Philly show this weekend, so it might be best to email me on Monday.

-Steve

I gotta say that i dont buy nearly as much from HA as most. For whatever reason, the books i go after just go for more with the BP than i can get them other places most of the time.

However, having someone that actually posts here and is willing to help out when theres an issue like this or a complete m o ron that cant figure out the live bidding ( :shy: ) is pretty freaking awesome! :applause:

However, having someone that actually posts here and is willing to help out when theres an issue like this or a complete m o ron that cant figure out the live bidding ( :shy: )
I will try not to pick on you about this in the future. :insane:

Thanks, Steve. Will do. I shouldn't have to bug you with something like this (that's why you HAVE a Client Service team), but I do appreciate your offer of help. (thumbs u

Never a bother. HA is a big company and sometimes things go wrong. Glad to help! (thumbs u

However, having someone that actually posts here and is willing to help out when theres an issue like this or a complete m o ron that cant figure out the live bidding ( :shy: )

I'm embarrassed to say that even with SB's help, i still screwed it up! :blush:

For Dougs auction, i might have to fly Steve out here and have him sleep on my couch and hold my hand during the auction to make sure i dont screw it up again! :idea:

For Dougs auction, i might have to fly Steve out here and have him sleep on my couch and hold my hand during the auction to make sure i dont screw it up again! :idea:

Get your teenage daughter to help you, they can help you figure out how to incrementally spend more and more of your money.

Get your teenage daughter to help you, they can help you figure out how to incrementally spend more and more of your money.

She's only 9 3/4, so shes not quite there yet but still better than me :sorry:

Believe me, i cannot wait for here to get a little bit older so she can do all theses things for me!!! :cloud9:

You would have to pay me some big money for doing that! hm

Oh, and you and I holding hands is out of the question.... (tsk)

You would have to pay me some big money for doing that! hm

Oh, and you and I holding hands is out of the question.... (tsk)

:sorry:

With the buyers premium, along with a NYS sales tax that others do not have to pay, I find myself only checking on eBay, CLink and Metropolis auctions these days, often times not even bothering to even check Heritage.

Before some of you point out that I have to pay sales tax at Metropolis, that is true. However I make an appt. to pick up my books to negate the shipping charges whenever time allows.

Wow thats kind of interesting my book hasn't come yet, they sorta told me the same thing definitely not to the extent of whats happened to you but sorta along the same lines they claimed of not having the shipping instructions on file which I resent to Heritage today and yet paid right them 14k right after auction, they said to me that they never kept my shipping instructions on file and I usually spend between 1-10k every auction and always get books. I filled the form out a few years back checked off box to keep on file and all of a sudden gone, well hopefully it will ship soon :wishluck:

Got an email from the client service rep at end of day of Thursday to say that the package finally shipped. Don't know if you were instrumental in making it happen, Steve, but thanks for your concern and professionalism.

My only problem is that I generally get my parcel before i even remember to pay :o

The burden of having more dollars than sense. :baiting:

never sweat the little stuff hehe