• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Philly Thursday PM posted by duckduckmike

5 posts in this topic

5/31/12

Well I got a chance to swing in on Thursday night for the preview. Dropped off some books for on-site grading (one batch is already done, saw my orders up top updated with the invoice) and got some mixed to happy results; my Next Men 1st appearance of Hellboy came back a 9.2 and I was hoping for a 9.4. Mostly moderns done so far but my 1940s-1960s books are on deck.

Lots of good vendors so far. Saw a LOT of slabs around including a convention special Killing Joke wall for $39.99, great price if you want a cherry copy.

Spoke to a few vendors, some high end books as usual feel a little overpriced, but was able to work out some cash deals.

On a side note, it looks like they have a better handle on the ticket line system; there's another convention downstairs so they have a ticket corral up stairs in one of the big rooms. If you remember waiting outside in the heat last year, this is much much more awesomer. Yes. I just said awesomer when referring to waiting in line.

Will be back on Saturday and Sunday, happy hunting to those who go!

See more journals by duckduckmike

Sounds like fun. Looking forward to hearing about the books you picked up there and the grading results of the others you submitted. Must be nice to have on site grading- no wait time!

On site grading is great. It is only slightly more money since you save shipping both there and back compared to getting the 10 percent discount with the lower price. The little bit extra buys you almost immediate gratification vs. 60 plus days. I graded 20 modern books not counting some signature series books and magazines. I was very happy with the results. Only one book was 8.5, one 9.2, and one 9.4. The rest were all 9.6’s and 9.8’s. Only the one 8.5 surprised me. Two of the gems were a watchmen 1 9.8 and a harbinger 0 9.8.Everything else was also great at the show and there is still one more day left. Now to figure out how to list these things under my account.