• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,373 posts in this topic

I was like :o when the purchases were originally made and :o now looking at the BIN on that CGC SS 10!

Even at $1,400 I think it's overpriced! lol

It absolutely is... I would love to have that book in my collection but with two 9.8's (1 signed) I am not even going to try and take a punt at that price... I would possibly consider it at a third of that price but even then I still would think seriously long and hard about it.

It absolutely is... I would love to have that book in my collection but with two 9.8's (1 signed) I am not even going to try and take a punt at that price... I would possibly consider it at a third of that price but even then I still would think seriously long and hard about it.

When dealing with signed 9.9s and 10.0s of any series, its always hard to gauge a price. They are for all intents and purposes, unrepeatable (except by some extraordinary fluke). The further out the book becomes in age, they less likely it is to occur again.

His problem in trying to sell it, is liquidity. The same sort of thing I think we will see for the majority of Original Art in the future, especially for modern OA.

Just because something is one of a kind, doesnt mean it is automatically desirable. To get a good price for something, you need a liquid market. Otherwise, like the 10.0 SS, you are essentially waiting for someone to come along who actually wants to buy what you are selling.

The problem is paying a grail price for something that turns out not to be one. If he doesn't sell the 10.0, then the value is whatever he decides...it's theoretical. Collectors who can't tell the difference between "like" and "love" (and/or are fickle) are the ones we see get killed. The smart guys only need to learn the lesson once.

Best to resign yourself to the reality that none of this should be viewed as investments; they're not, they are essentially luxury items. If collecting has the potential to cause true financial hardship, then imo, you are doing it wrong.

he did it to himself, pride is a powerful thing, sometimes people just can't swallow it, no matter how much reason or truth is offered to them.

He allowed himself to be played. By the time all the reason and truth was offered, it was too late...the deal (a public sale orchestrated by the seller to lock him in so he couldn't back out) was done.

I just read #30. Where the hell is Mike Norton? (shrug)

Please tell me this is a one issue thing. If this new artist is permanent, this might be the end. This issue didn't even feel like the same story. "The General"? meh Are they just phoning in issues? I hope not.

I know I'm being pessimistic - I just did not like the art in this issue and the story didn't feel right because of it. :sorry:

hm I may need to look at issue 30 again. Nothing shook me about the art. It seemed on par with the rest of Norton's work.

I liked the story to 30. It seems to be a nice set up for what might be a c-c-c-c-c-razy issue 31 and 32.

The covers to 31 and 32 are N-U-T-S.

:o

Revival -- Image Comics

he did it to himself, pride is a powerful thing, sometimes people just can't swallow it, no matter how much reason or truth is offered to them.

He allowed himself to be played. By the time all the reason and truth was offered, it was too late...the deal (a public sale orchestrated by the seller to lock him in so he couldn't back out) was done.

Patently false. The *only* reason the sale was made public was because Hulk44 requested it. He wanted a public record of the sale so there was a "witness" to the terms.

Ride your high horse all you want, Felix. Just try to get your facts straight.

Congrats Gaz! :applause:

Gary Morris Gaz's Revivers

This collection has all you would expect in a set awarded Best Presented. You’ll find images and notes for every issue in the set. Plus you will find lots of extras scattered throughout. This set is sure to draw you in. In the words of this collector, “HAPPY REVIVING PEOPLE!”

Best Presented Set! :cool:

Congrats Gaz! :applause:

Gary Morris Gaz's Revivers

This collection has all you would expect in a set awarded Best Presented. You’ll find images and notes for every issue in the set. Plus you will find lots of extras scattered throughout. This set is sure to draw you in. In the words of this collector, “HAPPY REVIVING PEOPLE!”

Best Presented Set! :cool:

Thanks Mate :cloud9:

Patently false. The *only* reason the sale was made public was because Hulk44 requested it. He wanted a public record of the sale so there was a "witness" to the terms.

Ride your high horse all you want, Felix. Just try to get your facts straight.

Wow! Did you sell to Felix's brother? Harsh words.

I actually did that for both of you to show everyone what #%^%%^ss both of you really are (and let me not forget the all no nothing CBT). It will go up a $1000 each time it doesn't sell.

:facepalm:

I actually did that for both of you to show everyone what #%^%%^ss both of you really are (and let me not forget the all no nothing CBT). It will go up a $1000 each time it doesn't sell.

:roflmao:

The cool thing about that is that you aren't the only person to use eBay for showcase purposes.

I didn't know your eBay handle or that you were still the current owner of the book. Good to know, though I'd have pointed that out regardless, because it's funny stuff.

GLWTS! (thumbs u