• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official "Does Anybody Know Where This Art Is?" Thread
10 10

785 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2018 at 7:06 PM, bisquitodoom said:

I missed out on the cover to Defenders 152 on ebay back in the very early 2000s.  That run was always one of my favorites.  Lots of weirdness and good stories, with the last saved for the best.  I always loved the cover.

Image result for defenders 152 cover art

IMG-6989.JPG

So glad to see these covers getting love.  Always thought this was the most under appreciated run of covers in 'my history' (mid-70's up).  Those covers at the end of the run (124 up) were off the charts good.  I remember as a teen buying them monthly for the covers only, cracking them open and deciding to read them later.  Frank Cirocco's 125 and 130 were the reason I bought and loved Alien Legion.   Issue 130's Valkyrie, WOW.  136's Demon.  147's Steranko Fury swipe!  PLUS.. Adams, Mignola, Nowlan 128!, Sienkiewicz, etc.  Worth taking the time to look at them. 

18 hours ago, bisquitodoom said:

Wow, that's killer looking!  I love most of the covers from the last part of the run, but that one's definitely my favorite.  It definitely looks better without all the banners, etc.  

I just find it satisfactory that the thread is doing what it's supposed to be doing - locating pieces.

As most people know I'm a big Zeck/Zimelman Punisher fan.  Still a few pieces I'm looking for - The Punisher Return to Big Nothing Softcover and the Circle of Blood TPB Cover.   Anyone seen them?  I have an old picture of Scott Dunbier's booth with the Return to Big Nothing cover, but that was probably 20+ years ago.   Please PM with any leads.  Happy to pay a finders fee.  

Punisher_Return_to_Big_Nothing_SC.jpg

Punisher_Circle_of_Blood_SC.jpg

zeck_art_1_Dunbier.jpg

Edited by comiconxion

Anyone know who ended up with this Tony DeZuniga / John Buscema Thor Annual #8 page ?

I remember someone showing it on the boards when they won it on Heritage but cannot remember who. :frustrated:

I already own some art from this annual and would love to own this one....

ThorAnnual8p36.thumb.jpg.bfab787a1e530ba3bbdc666e691323ca.jpg

Anyone know where Hulk 227 pages by Sal Buscema are located? I am aware of those on CAF but would love to know where more exist. In addition to the 2 on CAF, I have 2 and I have seen 2 others so I know the book is in the wild - hoping to track down a few more. Thanks in advance. Full want lists in the links in my signature line. 

Edited by JadeGiant

So, how about this, the most iconic art of the copper age? I'm talking, of course, about the Meat Loaf Special Olympics ad!

Seriously, that thing was on the back cover of every comic I bought when I was a kid. The art has to be out there somewhere, right?  The apparently rubber guitar that he's playing in the first panel (I don't think Meat Loaf ever even played guitar) is permanently burned into my brain matter.

Photo Mar 28, 8 42 43 PM.jpg

On 2/14/2018 at 12:11 AM, williamhlawson said:

I remember as a teen buying them monthly for the covers only, cracking them open and deciding to read them later.  Frank Cirocco's 125 and 130 were the reason I bought and loved Alien Legion. 

#125 is actually a Carl Potts and Bill Sienkiewicz collaboration.  I've been looking for this cover for years; it is one of my top 5 most wanted items.