• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official "Does Anybody Know Where This Art Is?" Thread
10 10

785 posts in this topic

Probably hard case because it's Star Wars related but I'll do it anyway. Looking for the character pin-up used in Return of the Jedi #3 by Rick J. Bryant of the Scout Trooper. This has always been my favorite of the different imperial trooper type and thought that if I owned one Star Wars piece featuring my favorite trooper it would have to be this.

RCO021_1495346897.thumb.jpg.e9888c2888c33d1a99f0beb800d78ca4.jpg

Edited by DeadpoolJr.

3 hours ago, nathanlogan said:

Would love to know where the cover to Cap 282 is, or Nomad (regular series) #1 or #21...

marvel-comics-captain-america-issue-282.jpg.a8dc93f59f7a0a8971f86cb8ba121418.jpglatest.jpg.cc90fbd2ca2752461379a9ea3d84e8f1.jpgs-l225.jpg.70a0871d85f2f5f8cbaa4f044f6667b9.jpg

When we put together the Zeck Artist's Edition, the Cap #282 cover was not one we could track down. Good luck!  I'd love to get a scan of that for Mike's files if you ever do track it down.

Been looking for Jock’s Detective Comics 880 cover for a long time...got close but lost the trail. 

Will send massive offer and a generous thank you to the finder (if sent by PM / deal closes.)

I needs this lol 

EB59DC65-0616-4C97-B58F-04E94BB6C08D.jpeg

Edited by Mr. Machismo

4 minutes ago, Bill C said:

?

I thought the owner of this was known and a fellow member of statueforum.com?

You may be confusing with Ken’s Bermejo splash from the JOKER book.

If you’re thinking of someone else...please PM me! :p  

1 hour ago, Mr. Machismo said:

You may be confusing with Ken’s Bermejo splash from the JOKER book.

If you’re thinking of someone else...please PM me! :p  

I actually also thought this owner was known.  In fact, I thought this page was discussed in detail about a year ago on these boards?  It's not my cup o' tea, so I didn't pay that close attention, but I think there was a thread about it...

Cavewoman Pangean Sea first series cover and interior pages. I collect NYC centric art and this issue is Cavewoman in NYC.

Also, The ordinal series in Lois Lane comics The Rose and The Thorn. I have seen maybe 4, 5 pages for sale in 15 years. Actually same goes for the 00's series Rose and Thorn. Rarely see them.

9 hours ago, Flambit said:

I actually also thought this owner was known.  In fact, I thought this page was discussed in detail about a year ago on these boards?  It's not my cup o' tea, so I didn't pay that close attention, but I think there was a thread about it...

It was discussed, but nothing about an owner. Hit me up if anyone knows anything! :) 

14 hours ago, comiconxion said:

When we put together the Zeck Artist's Edition, the Cap #282 cover was not one we could track down. Good luck!  I'd love to get a scan of that for Mike's files if you ever do track it down.

I'm thinking it ended up in France after a conversation with Mike and the fact I found a page from 282 (the owner won't let go of though) in France... man, hope I come across it, would pay what it would ask for sure. Still hope someone can let me know of the other Nomad stuff or if anyone knows of a way to get in touch with Hawbaker.

9 hours ago, nathanlogan said:

I'm thinking it ended up in France after a conversation with Mike and the fact I found a page from 282 (the owner won't let go of though) in France... man, hope I come across it, would pay what it would ask for sure. Still hope someone can let me know of the other Nomad stuff or if anyone knows of a way to get in touch with Hawbaker.

S. Clarke Hawbaker? Try Facebook. And good luck!

14 hours ago, Hal Turner said:

S. Clarke Hawbaker? Try Facebook. And good luck!

Thanks Hal. Yeah I’ve reached out to him on Facebook a few times, one response many years ago about commission work but no follow up email and no response since after a couple more attempts. Hopefully something will be on the wind at some point and I can get out my net ??

Call me crazy, but any artist that hard to get a hold of just to ask about doing a commission would be on the bottom of my list of people I'd want to get a commission from, unless payment was sent after the work was done (rare). So many artists are all too eager to take the money and deliver whenever they get around to it. One that won't even get back with you before it's even started sounds like a giant commissioning red flag.

But that's just me...