• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official "Does Anybody Know Where This Art Is?" Thread
10 10

785 posts in this topic

On 6/8/2012 at 2:49 PM, thethedew said:

...and here's the ONE LAST PAGE :pullhair: to complete the interior set of an issue of the Micronauts (IMAGE 2003).

Penciler: STEVE KURTH

Inker: BARB SCHULZ (no relation to Charles)

Likely somewhere in the Midwest, happily willing to pay a finder's fee to any 3rd party who points the way:

pZtCl.jpg

Still looking eagerly for this one.

Much casting about, kicking of bushes and shaking of trees has revealed no trace so far.

Both penciller Kurth and inker Schulz claim no recollection of where this page might have gone. 

It is therefore reasonable to presume that, (assuming it was correctly returned to one of them), it was sold, gifted, or donated fairly early on. (2003-2004-2005 or so)

Both artists are local to the Midwest, so it's somewhat more likely that the page is somewhere in the Minneapolis/Wisconsin/Chicago area, but a few pages from this series are confirmed to have gone as far afield as either coast, so it isn't beyond imagination that they might be found far from home.

I have checked with Devil's Due executives Josh Blaylock and Mike Norton, as well as writer Dan Jolley.  No joy there.

Look at this page, it just can't be someone's diehard favorite.  While I concede it's possible that the current owner is aware that I'm looking for this page (and for some inexplicable reason isn't coming forward), I think it far more likely that the owner isn't aware of my interest, and the page is stashed and forgotten in a pile 'o stuff.

People, this is a page that would have set you back (in 2004) fifty bucks If it was in an art auction, it probably would have been less.

I'm still offering  ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS for this page.  I'll pay a finder's fee to anyone who points me in the right direction.

Put me out of my misery, please!

Andrew

Edited by thethedew

If anyone can verify if this 11 X 17 card art piece was published, I would appreciate it.  I did quite a bit of searching, and came up empty.

But, I got it anyway just for the image.

Signed John Lucas.

Thanos vs. Champion Of The Universe.

AND...I just got it in the mail (thanks, Donna!) and it does not disappoint.  It has a heretofore undisclosed "MONSTERHANDSLUCAS@YAHOO.COM"

inscription on the reverse, if that helps date this piece.  Any help appreciated.

AND further update I sent John Lucas a message with an inquiry about the piece.  Great to see he is active in the marketplace, not easy for an artist.

MONSTERHANDS is a character he created and is looking for an outlet, apparently.  Seems like a good one!

inscription on the reverse, if that helps date this piece.  Any help appreciated.

The light coloring around the force field is whiteout carefully airbrushed, or cleverly toothbrushed accents.

Thanks for looking, comments welcome, David S. Albright

thanoscrop.jpg

Edited by aokartman
updates

On 9/12/2018 at 10:51 PM, Mephisto said:

Anyone remember who posted the Gambit and War Machine paintings from the 1996 Marvel Materpieces set on the boards a few years back?

Think that would be me, I sold Gambit early on and War Machine a few months ago, I have other Marvel Masterpieces paintings left and will have more in hand and for sale on CAF soon.

Zaddick

https://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=30362&page=2&order=Date

https://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=30362

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:55 PM, ESeffinga said:

Call me crazy, but any artist that hard to get a hold of just to ask about doing a commission would be on the bottom of my list of people I'd want to get a commission from, unless payment was sent after the work was done (rare). So many artists are all too eager to take the money and deliver whenever they get around to it. One that won't even get back with you before it's even started sounds like a giant commissioning red flag.

But that's just me...

Be really careful with Hawbaker - one of my worst commission experiences ever and I had to write another PRO to get Hawbaker to deliver -- he has outstanding commissions for over 10 years so I would NEVER EVER commission him to do anything.  Nor would I buy anything from him unless the item was handed over at the very moment I paid the cash.  I would rate Hawbaker's ability to deliver on time as a F.  To deliver ever is probably also an F.  

I'm looking everywhere for comic strip artwork by Ray Moore. He was an artist who drew The Phantom between 1936-1947.

There are no more than 20 examples of his art (Sundays and dailies) that I know exist. 

If you know anything about the whereabouts of any of his artwork not posted on the internet, or you have traded in or have photos of Ray Moore Phantom OA, please contact me. 

Ultimately, if you are in the possession of Ray Moore artwork which you are willing to sell, I am offering high prices for high-quality examples.  

Here are some images of his artwork:

Ray Moore 3-10-46-.JPG

lf.jpg

On 10/26/2018 at 4:05 PM, Zaddick said:

Think that would be me, I sold Gambit early on and War Machine a few months ago, I have other Marvel Masterpieces paintings left and will have more in hand and for sale on CAF soon.

Zaddick

https://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=30362&page=2&order=Date

https://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=30362

Those were actually 1995. I bought the 95 Gambit from you. The 1996 is from the Julie Bell and Boris set. Someone had posted those a few years back. Boris did the War Machine and Julie did the Gambit.

Has anyone seen the published inked pages for  "Even Legends May Die" ?. Esteban Maroto drew the 4 pages story for Heritage 1B which featured Flash Gordon art by a variety of artists. I own one page and I looking for the other three published pages. Pics below. 

(I originally posted this in a separate thread because I couldn't find this one. But the powers that be on this board deleted it saying it didn't meet the guidelines. Go figure)

027.thumb.jpg.5c602836e05f5cff51499284f57a88cc.jpg

028.thumb.jpg.d9c7337c3ed241284a34760e104e12b8.jpg

030.thumb.jpg.38413df6bff117d3ba6170d3dc68b809.jpg