• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official "Does Anybody Know Where This Art Is?" Thread
10 10

785 posts in this topic

Looking for any pages by Luke Ross from 'Dark Horse Presents Annual 1998' (first comic appearance of Buffy the Vampire Slayer). I have 5 pages from the McGuffins short story and would like to pick up the remaining 5. Finders fee for locating any of these pages.

Would also be interested in some of the covers from the first Buffy run - issues 2, 5, 9, 28.

Edited by NightGallery1

NTTX-Men.jpg

Does Walt not have this cover? He keeps the majority of his stuff.

Yes about 99% sure that it still resides with him. I guess I should have changed my post to, "does anyone know how to convince Walt to get a CAF account?"

Do you want to tap the Board's network and expertise to track down a piece of art that you've been looking for? Post the objects of your quest here and Boardies can either PM you or respond below.

I'll start - does anyone know where the cover to Defenders #125 (Carl Potts/Bill Sienkiewicz) is? It was the first "New Defenders" issue and was hyped as being the next X-Men #94. :roflmao: Of course, it's a dollar bin book now, but I still have fond memories of it. I've asked a lot of the usual suspects if they had ever seen it, but nobody seems to have.

Gene

Sienkiewicz painted art :cloud9:

It exists in a private collection and has been off the market for a long time...I wouldn't expect it for sale or posted on CAF anytime soon.

Also... I wouldn't mind knowing if this exists, even if I can't afford to own it myself. Just the fact that someone has it would be interesting to me.

tBA76.jpg

Looking for Starlin's DREADSTAR #14

Read somewhere it had been bought as a present for a friend ...? Any clues anyone ??

And the Sienkiewicz Bobby Digital EP painted cover ??? A hint ???

It's agreat thread !!! (thumbs u

For me:

Sandman issue 4, page 16

sandman416.JPG

Sandman issue 4, page 17

sandman417.JPG

Sandman issue 4, page 18

sandman418.JPG

Again, not the end of the world if I don't ever acquire them. Would just love to see them in black and white, have a chance to complete a sequence, and have confirmation that Kieth didn't destroy them in one of his art burning sessions. :cry:

It's not a cover or page from a comic, but I would love to track down this Karate Kid drawing that Mike Wieringo did:

Google Image Search (a pretty cool tool when it works) returned a bunch of blogs where it was used. I wonder if you could write to them and ask. Heck, it might even say in the blogs.

Here's the link

Ignore the spaces.

Google Image Search (a pretty cool tool when it works) returned a bunch of blogs where it was used. I wonder if you could write to them and ask. Heck, it might even say in the blogs.

Here's the link

Oh I've asked around before, and had absolutely no luck at all. But I live in hope.

It exists in a private collection and has been off the market for a long time...I wouldn't expect it for sale or posted on CAF anytime soon.

Also... I wouldn't mind knowing if this exists, even if I can't afford to own it myself. Just the fact that someone has it would be interesting to me.

tBA76.jpg

I heard that page was stashed away as well. I was looking for it to go with the splash page that I have from the same comic:

Transformers_frame.JPG

I sold this cover several years ago, best guess around 2005 or so, but can't recall to who.

-Ruben

I would really like to find TF 27... Something that's been in the back of my mind for a long time as one of the covers I would like to own some day.

6RreF.jpg

Piling on. X-Factor #52 cover.

X-Factor_Vol_1_52.jpg

Yes, it's by Liefeld. Don't judge me.

Also looking for pages from the interior. Terry Shoemaker and Al Milgrom handled the art duties.

I sold this cover several years ago, best guess around 2005 or so, but can't recall to who.

-Ruben

Ah thanks. Oh well, I'll just have to sit on my hands and wait. It was just something I thought I'd throw out there.

I heard that page was stashed away as well. I was looking for it to go with the splash page that I have from the same comic:

Transformers_frame.JPG

I see... Oh well, I'll just have to be patient and save my money, heh. That's a pretty sweet page you have there though!

Classic, I can't blame you, I can only dream of owning this too!

Definitely! It'll have to be a dream for awhile longer, heh.

X-Factor_Vol_1_52.jpg

Also looking for pages from the interior. Terry Shoemaker and Al Milgrom handled the art duties.

You should have put the "don't judge me" BEFORE the picture. :whee:

X-Factor_Vol_1_52.jpg

You should have put the "don't judge me" BEFORE the picture. :whee:

Nostalgia is a powerful thing. I can honestly say this is probably the only piece of art by RL that I'd like to own.

And since everyone else hates it — I should be able to have it for cheap. hm

Now who's gonna find it for me?