• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official "Does Anybody Know Where This Art Is?" Thread
10 10

785 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ESeffinga said:

What the heck is that kid sitting on in the middle panel?

I believe it's the Thing's amputated, floating hand.

Does anyone know where, or recall ever seeing, ANY of the G.I.Joe: Order of Battle character pin-ups by Herb Trimpe?  The series was just like Official Handbook of Marvel Universe.  Herb told me he hadn't gotten back any of them pin-ups. Just the covers.  Any info would be much appreciated...I'd love to own any!

I am trying to reassemble this sequence featuring Rogue and Gambit's first date and the first Bishop vs Gambit fight, from X-men #8 by Jim Lee and Art Thibert. Over the past 7 or 8 years, I have managed to find and acquire 3 of the pages, but still need the 1st and 3rd pages of the sequence. So here is an image of the entire sequence, and the colored pages are the ones I am seeking. So X-men #8, pages 13 & 15. Even to just know where they are would be awesome, and any help is much appreciated!

Dave K

IMG_4919.JPG

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 2:37 PM, フロスト said:

Does anyone know where, or recall ever seeing, ANY of the G.I.Joe: Order of Battle character pin-ups by Herb Trimpe?  The series was just like Official Handbook of Marvel Universe.  Herb told me he hadn't gotten back any of them pin-ups. Just the covers.  Any info would be much appreciated...I'd love to own any!

After Herb died, many of these ended up in the collection of various members of his family.  Over the last 2-3 years, his nephew has released some on eBay.  Keep your eyes out there.  

3 hours ago, comiconxion said:

After Herb died, many of these ended up in the collection of various members of his family.  Over the last 2-3 years, his nephew has released some on eBay.  Keep your eyes out there.  

Yes; the last one I saw go up for auction was Buzzsaw (late last year? Jan of this year?). Starting bid was $399.99 and ended without any bids. I didn’t see it relisted. 

3 hours ago, comiconxion said:

Oh!  All of this had to happen during my temporary semi-retirement...

So Herb did get them back after all...okay, that's good to know they did indeed survive. 

Thanks for letting me know, Chuck! 

4 minutes ago, フロスト said:

Oh!  All of this had to happen during my temporary semi-retirement...

So Herb did get them back after all...okay, that's good to know they did indeed survive. 

Thanks for letting me know, Chuck! 

I assume the Herb got them back at some point, but not sure when.  Send me a PM if there are ones you are looking for.  I was offered some by other members of the family privately a few weeks ago.  I can check to see if they may still be available or if there others they may sell.  

On 4/4/2018 at 5:01 PM, Madman1138 said:

I am trying to reassemble this sequence featuring Rogue and Gambit's first date and the first Bishop vs Gambit fight, from X-men #8 by Jim Lee and Art Thibert. Over the past 7 or 8 years, I have managed to find and acquire 3 of the pages, but still need the 1st and 3rd pages of the sequence. So here is an image of the entire sequence, and the colored pages are the ones I am seeking. So X-men #8, pages 13 & 15. Even to just know where they are would be awesome, and any help is much appreciated!

Dave K

IMG_4919.JPG

The page right after your sequence is coming up at CL: http://comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Djim%2Blee%26ItemType%3DCA%23Item_1238214&id=1238214&itemType=1

Looking for the following pages from Incredible Hulk annual 5, 199 and 207. Will pay over market value. As always if anyone has a line on any nice Incredible Hulk  panel pages from 197, 198 featuring the Hulk I would offer three k.

IMG_1069.JPG

IMG_1070.JPG

IMG_1071.JPG

IMG_1077.JPG

IMG_1078.JPG

IMG_1081.JPG

IMG_1083.JPG

IMG_1086.JPG

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for the Superman Unchained #9 cover by Jim Lee/S. Williams if you have it or know someone who does have it.

I would be ready to pay the big price to get it. I already asked Jim but it seems that he already sold it via his galerist agent.

SUPERMAN_UNCHAINED_9_2.jpg

21 hours ago, Comiverse said:

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for the Superman Unchained #9 cover by Jim Lee/S. Williams if you have it or know someone who does have it.

I would be ready to pay the big price to get it. I already asked Jim but it seems that he already sold it via his galerist agent.

http://2dg.me/1ace  (not mine)

Edited by NicoV

2 hours ago, Comiverse said:

Thx NicoV, you are very efficient :) I've been searching that cover for 2 years now. It's even more stunning than I imagined. I just sent him a generous offer... Thx again.

That's because it makes me drool for 2 years! Not sure I should wish you good luck with your offer :bigsmile:

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:24 PM, williamhlawson said:

Hmmm 'official' should have a post since August of 2017.  So here goes...got rid of this ca. 2004...just locating for a hopeful semi-distant future reacquisition.

kaluta supes pic 1.JPG

One more time...Aron Aeneas is missed....Kaluta/Alder Superman 400 page 35