• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official "Does Anybody Know Where This Art Is?" Thread
10 10

785 posts in this topic

I always wondered who owns the painted covers of the Demon Bear arc by Sienkiewicz (New Mutants #18-20).

It's not my intention to make a serious offer, I'm just curious. I'd love to see a nice image of them, just to drool and feel some nostalgia...

No need to know the whereabouts of the NM#21 cover, it's in my collection... ;-)

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=287715&GSub=56437

My turn!

The unruly passion of my collecting hobby is art pencilled by Gene Colan and inked by Bill Everett:

Amazing Adventures (1970 series) #'s 3, 4 and 5. I want any/all pages from these three 10 page stories, as I am trying to reunite them. My ultimate grail is Amazing Adventures #5, page 3, pictured here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/WantList.asp?GCat=3702

There are three Colan/Everett romance stories, I'm seeking pages from these, too:

Marvel romance art from "My Love" #13 ("How Do I Make Him Love Me?"), #15 ("A Fool About Love") & #16 ("Formula For Love!").

More from Gene and Bill:

Captain America #136 and 137 pages, Subby pages from Tales To Astonish #79 and 85.

And to round it out:

Art from Daredevil #83. Ever seen any?

Mike Ploog Werewolf By Night art... especially pages from #'s 2 and 13.

I'll keep a look out for the stuff you guys have posted, as well!

Best,

Sean

I certainly wouldn't say 'NO' to some sweet artwork from First Comic's Dynamo Joe...

A fondly-remembered short series whose art is (like Star Blazers I've mentioned elsewhere on this thread) almost completely MIA. Manga art fans keeping it close to the vest. (There's rumblings that Joe might be making a reappearance, so maybe some chances at newer artwork in the future...)

Pencils: Doug Rice

Qw6NU.jpg

Edited by thethedew

Thought I'd throw this out there. I've seen 1 piece of artwork from the Millar & Mcniven Nemesis series. For some reason I can't find any others. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

The aspirations of Dr. Doom have always intrigued me. None so more than stealing the Beyonder's power in Secret Wars. The cover that depicts that best is Mike Zeck's Secret Wars 10 cover. It shows his unyielding resolve in almost certain defeat. Love this cover and would love to own it.

Anyone know who owns it and if it is for sale?

CoverUpSecretWarsNo10.jpg

Hi All,

I am hoping to locate the OA to this cover. Not for me but as a gift for my sister who is a Cheryl Blossom fan. Also I do not know if it proper to ask, but where can I find approximate prices for a cover like this? I've never purchased original comic art before.

CherylBlossom34.jpg

Hi All,

I am hoping to locate the OA to this cover. Not for me but as a gift for my sister who is a Cheryl Blossom fan. Also I do not know if it proper to ask, but where can I find approximate prices for a cover like this? I've never purchased original comic art before.

If you're looking for some historic prices on OA, you could try ha.com . They have prices for OA gone to auction. For example... #35 went for $239 in 2010. You do have to sign in to see the older prices.

http://www.ha.com/common/search_results.php?Ntk=SI_Titles&Ntt=cheryl%20blossom&Nty=1&N=790+231+52+1067&chkNotSold=0

I don't know much about the series, but since Dan DeCarlo was the artist on both. I would assume they may go for similar prices but that looks to be on the high end from this set of results, though they are older and the art market has been changing. Each piece is unique, so you may pay more or less depending on the seller, but that should give you a good starting clue.

Also, try contacting people on comicartfans.com who have similar pieces. You will probably not find it on short order and it will take a bit of time, but with some legwork you may come into contact with someone who may know about it. Feel free to ask more questions.

There are also a number of vendors who may sell such items and some of their listings can be found on comicartfans on the sidebar. For example, there is a cover over at coollines.com

http://www.coollinesartwork.com/featured.asp?Piece=281032

Edited by LastRaven

Hi All,

If you're looking for some historic prices on OA, you could try ha.com . They have prices for OA gone to auction. For example... #35 went for $239 in 2010. You do have to sign in to see the older prices.

http://www.ha.com/common/search_results.php?Ntk=SI_Titles&Ntt=cheryl%20blossom&Nty=1&N=790+231+52+1067&chkNotSold=0

I don't know much about the series, but since Dan DeCarlo was the artist on both. I would assume they may go for similar prices but that looks to be on the high end from this set of results, though they are older and the art market has been changing. Each piece is unique, so you may pay more or less depending on the seller, but that should give you a good starting clue.

Also, try contacting people on comicartfans.com who have similar pieces. You will probably not find it on short order and it will take a bit of time, but with some legwork you may come into contact with someone who may know about it. Feel free to ask more questions.

There are also a number of vendors who may sell such items and some of their listings can be found on comicartfans on the sidebar. For example, there is a cover over at coollines.com

http://www.coollinesartwork.com/featured.asp?Piece=281032

Thanks much for the information. :)

I like the idea for the thread. There are a few pieces I would not mind finding.

The only problem is I know there are people, who are probably reading this thread right now, who are taking notes of what everyone wants and will seek out the artwork and hold it hostage because they feel the person who wants it may do something irrational to get it.

I've also known people who sought out artwork on other people's want lists only to charge them some exorbitant fee for the contact information of the owner.

In a perfect world this is a great idea for a thread. If it weren't for the remoras firmly attached to the underbelly of comic art it would be even more enjoyable hobby.

This is true. I've got a friend that is holding a page I want hostage. He claims it is a favorite page of his also. He will sell it to me, but I'd have to pay 10 times what the artist could have gotten at a convention. It's rare that I "advertise" anything I really want. If I'm telling people what I want, I've pretty much given up on the search.

DG

I like the idea for the thread. There are a few pieces I would not mind finding.

The only problem is I know there are people, who are probably reading this thread right now, who are taking notes of what everyone wants and will seek out the artwork and hold it hostage because they feel the person who wants it may do something irrational to get it.

I've also known people who sought out artwork on other people's want lists only to charge them some exorbitant fee for the contact information of the owner.

In a perfect world this is a great idea for a thread. If it weren't for the remoras firmly attached to the underbelly of comic art it would be even more enjoyable hobby.

This is true. I've got a friend that is holding a page I want hostage. He claims it is a favorite page of his also. He will sell it to me, but I'd have to pay 10 times what the artist could have gotten at a convention. It's rare that I "advertise" anything I really want. If I'm telling people what I want, I've pretty much given up on the search.

DG

Some "friend" you have there.

Being a long time fan of Mike's G.I. Joe art, Mike Zeck and John Beatty were kind enough to offer me all the art (including prelims) to G.I. Joe #21 when they were drawing it. They even named the arcade in the story after me and drew me into the story.

I don't see myself selling the final pages from that book anytime soon because of the personal connection to it. But, the Renegar cover should be out there somewhere! That didn't come with the collection.

Does anyone know who owns the AO for the GI Joe 21 Renegar cover? or any of the inner pages?