• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official "Does Anybody Know Where This Art Is?" Thread
10 10

785 posts in this topic

Hey guy's I would really like to know if Frank cho's King Size Hulk #1 cover is for sale. I haven't been able to find any of Frank cho panel works for sale just commission work. Dose he even sell his comic art works? He just posted a picture of it a week or two ago on facebook and I tried asking him about it but of course there was no response.

Any leads or advise would be greatly appreciated or is this something I should give up for now.

Sorry for the lack of image, I'm still new to all of this and I don't know how to upload a image. :(

Hey guy's I would really like to know if Frank cho's King Size Hulk #1 cover is for sale. I haven't been able to find any of Frank cho panel works for sale just commission work. Dose he even sell his comic art works? He just posted a picture of it a week or two ago on facebook and I tried asking him about it but of course there was no response.

Any leads or advise would be greatly appreciated or is this something I should give up for now.

Sorry for the lack of image, I'm still new to all of this and I don't know how to upload a image. :(

Anytime I've seen Frank Cho post something For Sale he also posts " Steve Morger is my art agent. Bother him"

That's where I'd start looking.

I'm generally not picky when looking for PREACHER pages, but I'd really like to get this sequence. A couple of the scariest pages in the series.

I had these pages once upon a time...they were a throw-in on a trade! :banana:

And sad to say, I threw them right back into another trade! doh!

It's been years, and I don't remember who got them...if it comes to me, I'll let you know.

I thought everyone kept a spreadsheet of all pages bought and sold :baiting:

But then, these are a couple of rather insignificant pages. Hardly worth a second glance. If you find the current owner, I'd appreciate the info. :foryou:

Congratulations Andrew!!!

My side of the story:

I saw this piece as a buy-it-now for $350.00 on eBay several years ago. That was a large sum of money for original art, even for covers and pin-ups.

I purchased it because 1) It was the Micronauts & 2) The art reminded me of the Michael Golden/Josef Rubenstein Micronauts/Baron Karza. This was a piece I was NEVER going to get rid off so the price did not matter.

A few years later, I get an email from a guy named Andrew saying that he tracked the purchase to me and was inquiring if I wanted to sell or trade it. My answer was of course, a kindly no thanks. How dare he track me down?

About once a year, Andrew would email me to ask to reconsider. His offers for trade would go up. Still I could not give up the piece.

Last year at Big Wow Comicfest 2015, I was working with Danny Bulanadi, the Micronauts inker at his table. This guy walks up to me and introduces himself. Not too soon after that, he practically "throws" about twenty pages at me. Most were Micronauts pages that I thought I would never be able to purchase at a reasonable price due to the penciler. Andrew also explained his "fixation" on the page. I could not say no at that point and agreed to the trade.

Do I regret trading the piece away? I answer this by asking, "Does anyone not regret trading favorite pieces away?" To be fair, I got more than fair market trade for the page. And yes...I DID have to stop Andrew from giving me more pages, stock in his business, and his right arm (what would I do with a disembodied arm (eww!)

I'm very glad that the piece went to a collector who loves the Micronauts as much (if not more) than I do.

Besides all that, if I really miss it, I can ask Danny (Bulanadi) to do a recreation of the page for me. He's a good friend.

Contratulations again Andrew, glad you finally wrestled that piece away.

Frank A. Baldevarona

San Jose, CA

facebook.com/bulanadiart

Andrew, Congrats :golfclap:

Now that the page is in hand, any backstory? Did the deal come about as a result of this thread? Did the seller find you, or did you find the seller?

hm

-Mike

I travelled to his local convention with a pile of my collection in tow.

I'd never met him before, and was mildly nervous, as my travel plans had materialized late in the game and he wasn't aware I was heading his way.

Didn't know what to expect, but he turned out to be a patient, gracious gentleman. Deal done, I am ecstatic, and I presume he is satisfied as well.

So, this thread had nothing to do with the deal, aside from the welcome Moral Support!

Posted this tonight on my FB feed:

I was fortunate enough this past weekend to have the opportunity to trade for a Comic Art page which I remember overfondly from my adolescence - what The Hobby refers to as a 'Grail Page.' It doesn't have to be the most expensive or key of pages, just one that has a special, hitting-your-funny-bone emotional response.

I presume my trading partner is thrilled as well. I get overgenerous when I'm happy, and, bless his heart, he actually had to tell me 'Hey, dude - that's enough!' when I tried to press more trade into his hands.

I remember the exact spot I was standing when I saw that comic page for the first time, a scrawny awkward teenager jumping up and down at the corner of Dad's desk in his office, while he looked on bemusedly. I miss him so much; hadn't considered the nostalgia of comics might be so linked to family and places. Means a lot to me.

Andrew

I am looking for 3 specific pages by Joe Prado and Ed Benes with Alex Lei on the art team:

Birds of Prey (January 2005) Issue #76 Page #10

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=652729

Birds of Prey (January 2005) Issue #76 Page #20

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=652728

Birds of Prey (January 2005) Issue #76 Page #22

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=652727

I know they were all on eBay over a decade ago sold by seller Comiconart!! who is Ed Benes art dealer/rep. How I know is I got distracted and outbid on the auctions since there were a sequence listed so while one was ending another one was closing, so it was hard to check my bids on every auction ending sequentially.

AND also the cover by JASON PEARSON

Birds of Prey (January 2005) Issue #76 Cover

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=652746

Should have reported that I FOUND this back cover on a dealers site last year!

It had been marked as a 'Pinup' when created, not as a Cover, and was priced accordingly. Score!

Hope springs eternal!

Back Cover to MICRONAUTS #11 (Image 2003) by Tim Seeley.

:ohnoez:

DF9NX.jpg

The story I get from Angel is he doesn't recall where this piece went to. Hope it shows up somewhere.

To look at it, I'm not entirely sure if it was created as a single page; or if the test-tube thingie in the BG might be on a seperate page, or even a Photoshop effect. Any opinions or suggestions welcome.

mxY6H3i.jpg

Another piece off my Want List! #QueenAnotherOneBitesTheDust

x6VdvQ1.jpg

A note on the back in Angel's handwriting suggests he donated this one to a Charity Auction at some point. No wonder he doesn't recall what happened to it...

There are 5 pieces of art I truly truly want (Incredible Hulk Vol 2 #32) any of the pages 3,5,7,8, and 14 by Joe Bennett, any help towards the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

<a  href=http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac176/Dblueace/Incredible%20Hulk_32_07.jpg' alt='Incredible%20Hulk_32_07.jpg'>

Its been a few years since I posted this.

I am looking for the OA to "The Female of the Species" by Werner Roth and Sam Grainger its a backup story published in X-Men #57 (1969). All 5 pages to the story,

xmen_57_FOTS_1.gif

xmen_57_FOTS_2.gif

xmen_57_FOTS_3.gif

xmen_57_FOTS_4.gif

xmen_57_FOTS_5.gif