The Official "Does Anybody Know Where This Art Is?" Thread
12 12

648 posts in this topic

1,145 posts
3 hours ago, 1Toy2Many said:

Two things:

- Joe Certa art from House of Mystery of Martian Manhunter 

- Captain America #252

If my friend ever sells the Last Martian Manhunter story, I'll let you know. It won't be broken up, if it ever get sold. 

26,707 posts

Where are all the Batgirl Special pages at?  I know where 4 total are.

55 posts
23 hours ago, artdealer said:

If my friend ever sells the Last Martian Manhunter story, I'll let you know. It won't be broken up, if it ever get sold. 

Truly appreciated! 

3,314 posts

Anyone know who ended up with this Tony DeZuniga / John Buscema Thor Annual #8 page ?

I remember someone showing it on the boards when they won it on Heritage but cannot remember who. :frustrated:

I already own some art from this annual and would love to own this one....

ThorAnnual8p36.thumb.jpg.bfab787a1e530ba3bbdc666e691323ca.jpg

1,735 posts

Anyone know where Hulk 227 pages by Sal Buscema are located? I am aware of those on CAF but would love to know where more exist. In addition to the 2 on CAF, I have 2 and I have seen 2 others so I know the book is in the wild - hoping to track down a few more. Thanks in advance. Full want lists in the links in my signature line. 

Edited by JadeGiant

6,140 posts

So, how about this, the most iconic art of the copper age? I'm talking, of course, about the Meat Loaf Special Olympics ad!

Seriously, that thing was on the back cover of every comic I bought when I was a kid. The art has to be out there somewhere, right?  The apparently rubber guitar that he's playing in the first panel (I don't think Meat Loaf ever even played guitar) is permanently burned into my brain matter.

Photo Mar 28, 8 42 43 PM.jpg

23,507 posts
On 2/14/2018 at 12:11 AM, williamhlawson said:

I remember as a teen buying them monthly for the covers only, cracking them open and deciding to read them later.  Frank Cirocco's 125 and 130 were the reason I bought and loved Alien Legion. 

#125 is actually a Carl Potts and Bill Sienkiewicz collaboration.  I've been looking for this cover for years; it is one of my top 5 most wanted items. 

6,140 posts
1 hour ago, ESeffinga said:

What the heck is that kid sitting on in the middle panel?

I believe it's the Thing's amputated, floating hand.

730 posts

That's what I was wondering... if his arm's back there, it's gotta be long as fudge relative to the rest of him! But it's a fun kind of wonky.

413838870.jpg

41 posts

Does anyone know where, or recall ever seeing, ANY of the G.I.Joe: Order of Battle character pin-ups by Herb Trimpe?  The series was just like Official Handbook of Marvel Universe.  Herb told me he hadn't gotten back any of them pin-ups. Just the covers.  Any info would be much appreciated...I'd love to own any!

30 posts

Would really appreciate any help locating the OA from page 22 of Wonder Woman #96 by Mike Deodato. Thanks

A78AE8BB-53DE-4E8F-A66D-6D2DBEE16344.jpeg

7,276 posts
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:00 AM, AnkurJ said:

01E8FD26-1C20-4E76-83BF-640A0CDC8835.jpeg

593 posts

Ron Lim did a long run on Silver Surfer (#15-92, Annual 2-7).

There's a handful on CAF. Anyone know where the others are?

233 posts

I am trying to reassemble this sequence featuring Rogue and Gambit's first date and the first Bishop vs Gambit fight, from X-men #8 by Jim Lee and Art Thibert. Over the past 7 or 8 years, I have managed to find and acquire 3 of the pages, but still need the 1st and 3rd pages of the sequence. So here is an image of the entire sequence, and the colored pages are the ones I am seeking. So X-men #8, pages 13 & 15. Even to just know where they are would be awesome, and any help is much appreciated!

Dave K

IMG_4919.JPG

1,109 posts
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 2:37 PM, フロスト said:

Does anyone know where, or recall ever seeing, ANY of the G.I.Joe: Order of Battle character pin-ups by Herb Trimpe?  The series was just like Official Handbook of Marvel Universe.  Herb told me he hadn't gotten back any of them pin-ups. Just the covers.  Any info would be much appreciated...I'd love to own any!

After Herb died, many of these ended up in the collection of various members of his family.  Over the last 2-3 years, his nephew has released some on eBay.  Keep your eyes out there.  

722 posts
3 hours ago, comiconxion said:

After Herb died, many of these ended up in the collection of various members of his family.  Over the last 2-3 years, his nephew has released some on eBay.  Keep your eyes out there.  

Yes; the last one I saw go up for auction was Buzzsaw (late last year? Jan of this year?). Starting bid was $399.99 and ended without any bids. I didn’t see it relisted. 

41 posts
3 hours ago, comiconxion said:

Oh!  All of this had to happen during my temporary semi-retirement...

So Herb did get them back after all...okay, that's good to know they did indeed survive. 

Thanks for letting me know, Chuck! 

1,109 posts
4 minutes ago, フロスト said:

Oh!  All of this had to happen during my temporary semi-retirement...

So Herb did get them back after all...okay, that's good to know they did indeed survive. 

Thanks for letting me know, Chuck! 

I assume the Herb got them back at some point, but not sure when.  Send me a PM if there are ones you are looking for.  I was offered some by other members of the family privately a few weeks ago.  I can check to see if they may still be available or if there others they may sell.